Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project in the works need an opinion....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project in the works need an opinion....

Strathead or Pointy..

And this is where im going with that unknown USA body I have. It came with a Jackson plate so I assume it was a PC2 but it also came with a charvel plate that I am assuming was a fake as its gold but looks like the early 05 dimas plates. But the gold inspired me so im building this fabulous fake lol Dont hate me for the logo it was on there originally.

Sorry for the crap pics but its still in the works, when I get it done ill take good ones.

Oh and before anyone asks the red big metal flake soloist is like a transition dimas I think.
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

wow these washed out when uploaded...the top one also has blood drips, and I am debating a relogo on that charvel strathead if i go that route. I want it to say jackson but ill omit the USA if i have one of those logo's kickin around.
    Haters gonna hate

Comment

the pointy reverse hands down for me.
      On the pc2 did it only have 22 frets?

Comment

Ooooow my pc shows me 2 replies on that thread and 0 views......and still it does, though I refreshed the page....thats great don't know how you do it

Comment

Rich thats the strange thing it measures out with a 22 fret, I thought they were 24 as well. But a 24 fret throws the scale length into the 26.85 range IIRC, this one with the roller nut on the shelf lays out right where it needs to be, but I dont know what else would work, i went as far as to lay a 24.75 on her just to ck and make sure i wasnt outta my mind and that doesnt work either.

Ill prob get it all together and find out the damn body is off and I cant use it lol. she is coming together nicely that neck is a mahogany neck with a maple board and matches it well.

and Vampire I have no idea what your saying but thankyou I think I dont know lol?
          Haters gonna hate

Comment

I like it with the pointy...

Comment

pointy is gonna win i think lol.

I way overpaid for this body on ebay but I had an impulsive moment, then I overpaid for the matching neckplate but im drawing the line at a 400$ original maple neck to it. I have another maple neck here but its not going on this.

I jumped the gun and didnt realize it had 2 extra holes drilled in the body so I shottily filled them for now and at some point will do em right if I bond with it when its done. I will never get out of it what im into it at this point so you can bet your ass im gonna be working on making it as right as possible lol
              Haters gonna hate

Comment

Agitation: That moment after spending time wiring up a guitar in which you realize that the potentiometers do not fit through the holes drilled in the body....God speed...off to the drill press with an 80's body...because I hate soldering.
                Haters gonna hate

Comment

im going pointy for now though its gonna have a gold behind the string nut because I dont have a black one lol
                  Haters gonna hate

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
                    Rich thats the strange thing it measures out with a 22 fret, I thought they were 24 as well. But a 24 fret throws the scale length into the 26.85 range IIRC, this one with the roller nut on the shelf lays out right where it needs to be, but I dont know what else would work, i went as far as to lay a 24.75 on her just to ck and make sure i wasnt outta my mind and that doesnt work either.

Ill prob get it all together and find out the damn body is off and I cant use it lol. she is coming together nicely that neck is a mahogany neck with a maple board and matches it well.

and Vampire I have no idea what your saying but thankyou I think I dont know lol?

Bah!

One of the major reasons I did not snag that one from you is I assumed it was 24 fret and the neck I have is not a 24 fret neck!

Comment

LOL I assumed the same till I started measuring it all up, its kinda a fun side project, its definitely not my style by any standard, something about natural axes just kinda bore me. If its a Jackson or similar it should look the part. Trans is one thing but matte or oil finished naturals are just kinda meh. I might give it to my old man for christmas if it comes out nice.
                      Haters gonna hate

Comment

Strat head for the strat body, just looks old school cool bitch'n to me.
                        >^v^<

Comment

I went pointy on it im gonna pass that strathead on to xenophobe if he still wants it,if not itll stay in my collection for now. I dig the strathead but I cant stand that charvel logo on it. However with it being as uncommon as it is I dont wanna relogo it.
                          Haters gonna hate

Comment

I think the import logo on that strathead is great. It looked great on that strat body you have. I'll do something neat with it.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I just cant get into that logo there is too much shit going on with it with the charvel by jackson made at your moms with clams and dlx whatever. Its just too busy for my eyes and it annoyed me. I just didnt feel right re-logoing such an odd piece though import or not.

and i love reverse pointies. ITs all together but I realized I have no strings lol. At least no complete sets right now.
                              Haters gonna hate

Comment

Working...
                              X