Buying Used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Used

I've been checking out USA Soloists. If you buy new the price seems really high, around $3k if you go with a transparent color. Used it becomes much more affordable. I've never bought a used guitar before but in this case it seems like it may make sense. If I didn't like it i could sell it for around what I bought it for. Does any disagree and think that new is only way to go? Also, Is there any reason to avoid the whammy bar? Thanks for your help, I'm a Jackson newbie.

Yeah, here's a near new trans blue Soloist for a good price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackson-SL2H...#ht_500wt_1007

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Welcome aboard the JCF. Enjoy your time here - there's plenty to learn and discover. There is nothing wrong with buying used. You'll get great deals in the used market as long as you deal with proper sellers and not scum. The wammy bar is all about preference. Go to a local store and try out guitars with tremolos (whammy bars) and try guitars w/o tremolos, and see which you prefer.

Comment

I totally dig buying new for the sake of just having something new, but you can find really awesome used stuff as well. I'll probably pony up and get a used RR1 sometime in the next year actually. If there's a $1k or more difference between something new and something lightly used, you may as well just grab the used one.

Comment

Used is the only way, I would rather have an original.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

unless the previous owner used it on the road for several years or something, most people take care of their high-end guitars very well. Go used. Save your money for ordering your custom guitar down the lane.
            Sam

Comment

It's a rare day when I buy new. Used gets you a much better guitar many times.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                It's a rare day when I buy new. Used gets you a much better guitar many times.
                Exactly. Like Straycat and Don said.
                1996 Jackson PS-4 Performer - Trans Green flame
                1997 Jackson DX1 Professional - Black
                2001 Jackson DX10DFS - Trans Red - Soon to be Bubinga Burl!
                2006 Jackson DK2M - Inferno Red
                2007 Jackson DXMG - Black
                2011 Charvel Desolation DC-2 - Trans Black
                1978 Fender 12 String Acoustic
                2004 Alverez Acoustic/Electric
                2011 Fender 4 string Jazz Bass
                1995 Ibanez 4 string ??? Bass

Comment

I prefer used guitars for 2 reasons - less money and they're just better.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Used is the way to go, like everyone said. You can save a lot of money buying a usa Jackson used and most of the time they are in fantastic shape. I would check ebay out.
                    Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                    Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

I have bought both new and used. Always had good luck with both. Used saves you a lot of money and over the years many of my used ones have gone up in value. I think over half my collection came used from E-Bay and various forums such as JCF
                      BTW, most JCFers will give you accurate desciptions of the condition of the used guitars they're sellling. Its a good place to buy used Jacksons safely.
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

I almost always buy used. You don't have warranty coverage, but that rarely saves you. Even when you get the chance to check a guitar out thoroughly beforehand, they tend to be pot luck by the time you get it set up properly with the string gauge of your choice. All that being said, there is a bit more risk buying used. If you buy a lot of guitars, that risk averages out very quickly.

Comment

The only reason why I see you would want to buy new is because you're placing a custom order. If you can find what you want used, it's definitely cheaper that way.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Used is best for me. Rarely do I see something new that I can't wait a year or so to have at a discounted price. Although, if I find a maple boarded SDX soon, it may have to come with me right then and there.
                            Also with used stuff, if the guitar had any issues, they have been worked out or improved upon. Better pickups, OFR's and lock nuts have been found on my stuff that didn't have it in the first place.
                            JCF is a great place to get educated about the brand and some awesome stuff can be had.

Comment

I just found out that a model similar to the Japanese Fender I was a little worried about that I just bought for $775 shipped would have cost $1600 shipped on sale, brand new... Regular price would have been $1825 shipped. Still need to see what the neck is stamped, but now I know I got a great deal.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X