What Collen model is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great score!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I really hope it is a great score.... I had bought a Charvel Wildcard San Dimas (primer) a few days ago. I had been talking with Mike Learn about a custom paint job, but I think I blew my budget for the Paintjob when I got this PC1, so in that sense I'm a little disappointed. But who knows, maybe I'll get it painted sometime in 2013 if the world doesn't end.

Besides the 2 knob thing, I kept going over the guitar- in the trem recess, I can see an unfinished spot where the mahogany meets the maple top and wondered if it could be a fake? I looked between the bridge and the humbucker and saw the finish was peeling a little bit. I wasn't sure if the floyd was real as it had no brass block. Does anyone know what year it might be?

The guitar is quite a player and isn't a showpiece in the least. It has scratches and dings and on the 24th fret, the low E frets out (but I almost never play that note), the neck shape seems a tad bit different than my old PC1, but it sounds exactly the same. It has warmth and clarity and I always have trouble finding those 2 attributes together. The guitar is either too bright or too muddy/ fuzzy or its too honky. For whatever reason, the sound brought a smile to my face when I was playing it at the store.

Comment

Dude, stop worrying and enjoy it You got a great deal - frankly I was tempted when I saw it and I'd have been into it for another $350 or so for shipping and taxes. So you did good. Even if the sustainer is fucked..
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
          Dude, stop worrying and enjoy it You got a great deal - frankly I was tempted when I saw it and I'd have been into it for another $350 or so for shipping and taxes. So you did good. Even if the sustainer is fucked..
          Everything works fine, including the sustainer.

Comment

What's the ser # ?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
              Besides the 2 knob thing, I kept going over the guitar- in the trem recess, I can see an unfinished spot where the mahogany meets the maple top and wondered if it could be a fake?
              It would cost more to fake than the guitar is worth. That's generally a good sign that it's not faked.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                What's the ser # ?

Comment

2000 PC1

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...2000Page08.jpg
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

I have to say, that's pretty nice!

Comment

Quilted board! That's pretty rare. Nice score...

Comment

Originally posted by Dog Boy View Post
                          Quilted board! That's pretty rare. Nice score...
                          Is that what it is? I really wasn't sure. I've never seen a quilted neck before.

Comment

weren't those older PC1's koa bodies?

Comment

How do you derive that from the serial? Are the first two digits showing the year of manufacture? (00 -> 2000?)

Comment

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/suppor...al-numbers.php - this page says it's a '97 PC-1

Comment

Working...
                                X