No announcement yet.

85 SD Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat nice grab on that bad boy!!!! If you ever gonna part with it I am call ing dibs! ;-)

Comment

I was waiting for a post from you Satch asking that.LOL
      Sure if it EVER comes to that.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

change them to 9's...do some bending man

Comment

really nice!! good score! The 2 humbucker version of that axe is my dream guitar. F you Hanneman! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by vampire dark View Post
            change them to 9's...do some bending man
            I can bend 10's no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
              Any ideas as to who the original owner was? These were all custom orders then right???
              They were technically custom orders, but a lot of them were ordered by stores for their inventory, especially by 1985. Sam Ash, Guitar Center and Venneman's Music in Maryland were big early customers. In the J0001-1000 log sheets, you don't see that many guitars made for specific customers after 1984. Now, obviously, it could have been custom-ordered through a store (and that wouldn't show in the log), but there's nothing unusual about this Soloist, so I'm guessing it was store-ordered.

Comment

The log info looks to be a Venneman's order on this one.Kind of hard to read that part of the log entry.

Comment

even if it were ordered for someone through a dealer it would have the store name in the log not who ordered it. Back when they used to verify serial #s my soloist was custom ordered in 86 from sam ash in huntington NY. the log has it as sam ash, huntington beach ca, I got the guitar from the original owner who ordered it with a custom neck size/profile.

Comment

The big name players were mentioned in the logs sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                      These were all custom orders then right???
                      Not exactly. All guitars were built to order back then, but many had generic stock features. I consider a true custom of that era to have one or more specs that deviate from the standard layouts and wood options. They were all individually hand built, so when you compared their process back then to when they changed their manufacturing procedures, they would now be considered customs because of their build process even though many of them were ordered for stock in one of several generic configurations.

So, back then, if GC or Sam Ash or whomever just called Jackson and said "send me a sololist, a rhoads and a kelly for stock" and ordered them with a standard configuration, they were all individually hand built to order but not necessarily a custom order.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I've never seen one of these beauties here in Brazil. And I guess I won't... congrats. Nicest black soloist ever.
                        I love Kahlers, their tone is much fatter than the one of Floyds.

Comment

She's awesome!!! Congrats!
                          Gear

Jackson KV2 Blue Ghost Flames
                          Jackson DK1 Lightning Sky

http://youtu.be/QgffP2mRU5w
                          http://youtu.be/WYEEje1M3hQ
                          http://youtu.be/UfhVSt5LtrI

Comment

Thanks

Comment

very nice soloist!
                              fretboard looks so nice! congrats
                              Jackson RR0191 * Jackson Strat #1814 * Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty

Comment

Damn nice score! She's looks clean and mean, the Soloist way!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X