Custom shop tour????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom shop tour????

Does anyone have any idea how to get a tour of the custom shop that I heard is in Corona California? I would like to see some video footage or photo's if anyone has any as well. Any info you can give is much appreciated! Thx !
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Fender has a factory tour, but Jackson is kind of the red headed step child within Fender and there's nothing publicly available to us.

http://www.fender.com/visitorcenter

It's also tough to find video or photos of the inner workings because they discourage it for the few that actually get to see it. This is worth a read though:

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/108...p-tour-6-24-10

Comment

I'd love to go and FINALLY answer ALL the questions regarding what the HELL is going on in there.

EDIT: I'd also like to bring my DK2M so they could tell me what it's really worth.

Comment

I know it can be done, but it's probably a hassle and you probably need to ruffle some feathers up.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

1: Slap a Jackson logo on your forehead.
          2: Break your neck.
          3: Go to an Authorized Jackson dealer. One that doesn't do in-house repairs.
          4: Hope the Jackson dealer ships you to the Jackson custom shop for repairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            EDIT: I'd also like to bring my DK2M so they could tell me what it's really worth.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Tim Wilson retired.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                Tim Wilson retired.
                Yes thanks I realized that later..
                Emerald
                http://www.treblebooster.net/bolin.html
                http://www.vintagewashburn.com/Elect...veStevens.html
                http://www.garymoorefc.com/guitars_heritage
                http://www.garymoorefc.com/guitars_hamer

Comment

I believe that "recreating the glory days" is short sighted at best... too many already living in a nostalgia bubble.. you can move forward and still have respect for history.. but I feel they've (Charvel, in particular) spent way too much time focusing on "the good ole' days".. what happens when they're no more dinosaurs to feed.. here's to hoping that Guthrie will help put the brand back into the mass awareness as a players instrument and not simply a brand catering to "a bunch of old guys stuck in a warp between '77-'86".
                  DiMarzio Endorsee
                  www.dimarzio.com
                  Morley Endorsee
                  www.morley.com
                  "Intelli-Shred" author
                  www.myspace.com/intellishred
                  NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald View Post
                    Then again Jackson/Charvel do not have the categories of Team Built, Masterbuilt, ect.
                    Jackson does have "Masterbuilt" and regular CS even though they don't advertise it like they used to. A standard shape and configuration guitar with a couple of custom options doesn't usually qualify as Masterbuilt. Any time you spec a one-off, it's considered a Masterbuilt because either Mike or Pablo will be assigned the guitar, and they'll do most of it start to finish except for paint.

And carriage return is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                      Jackson does have "Masterbuilt" and regular CS even though they don't advertise it like they used to. A standard shape and configuration guitar with a couple of custom options doesn't usually qualify as Masterbuilt. Any time you spec a one-off, it's considered a Masterbuilt because either Mike or Pablo will be assigned the guitar, and they'll do most of it start to finish except for paint.

And carriage return is your friend.
                      So if i order a neck-through 8-string baritone Death Kelly with marshmallow peep inlays and Bikini Beach Space Cock Dragon graphics will that qualify for a Masterbuild? Can somebody mock this up?!
                      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I got an A+ in college level English back in 1994 but have been out of touch with writing etiquette for some time.
                        *pat pat*

EDIT: And just so you don't think I'm a complete ass... as most people just assume, I'll explain WHY I stated that.

My eyesight isn't the greatest, but not bad enough for me to wear glasses, so I don't. I have a browser open on a 30" monitor at 2560x1600, the text you write is close to 8 point text... smaller than the text in a paperback novel. When you type like you did, I get headaches from reading it. So if you're going to take the time to write a lengthy post, you could give a little consideration to the fact that not everyone is viewing your post at your resolution on a monitor the same size as yours. So if you want people to take time to read the post you took time to write, it's kinda polite if you write in paragraphs.

So instead of reading all of what you wrote, which I would like to have, I stopped reading so my eyes wouldn't give me a headache.

I guess I should just ignore you rather than to enlighten you. Whatever. No loss for me.

Derp.

Originally posted by Emerald View Post
                        Anything actually to comment on regarding my actual post though
                        Read what you quoted and you might see it.

And yes, there have been a number of certificates issued stating that a particular Jackson was "Masterbuilt"... the last one I saw was dated 2009, IIRC.
                        Last edited by xenophobe; 10-25-2012, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe
                          I have a browser open on a 30" monitor at 2560x1600
                          So that explains your tendencies for lengthy posts....you have a lot of screen real estate to fill

Comment

Working...
                          X