7 and 8 String USA Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 and 8 String USA Jacksons

A few images posted on the Jackson Facebook. What are these? 7 & 8 string Demons?

Not a Demon. The Demon has a longer lower horn.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

beats me what they are - they are fucking ugly!!!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Not a Demon. The Demon has a longer lower horn.
        Yeah I did notice that. The Demon's horns look a little sharper as well. I thought maybe reversed body Demon because of the bevels on the cutaways.

Comment

none more black.

do not want.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Even the HS looks like they were drunk designing it
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I don't know, I don't think they're that bad if you're into 7 or 8 strings (which I am not). They honestly look hideous than the Demon IMO.

That being said, I probably wouldn't play a 6 string that looked like this. It's just so... boring. I do like what I'm seeing with the bolts though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                Even the HS looks like they were drunk designing it
                The 7's HS is disproportionately longer than the 8's and looks retarded.
                3.JPG
                “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Sorry guys but those guitars looks awesome to me.

Comment

I wonder if Jackson has gotten down the formula yet. I've seen a couple of their 8's, but the specs are all over the place.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I like my kid's DR7 watchmacallit better than any of these..black, sharkies, satin hardware, floyd, plays and sounds like a fuggin' champ!! He's harder on guitars than Jimi at Montery Pop.

Got it from Firebird V..Chris years ago for myself but gave it to the kid.
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Oh, I'd take a Scecter Jeff Loomis sig over any of these. I love the Chris B's sig..but too fuggin' pricey. I remembered when he played 300 dollar cheap fuckers. ..6's..then 7s..

I need a floyd..period. I'll wait for the Chris B's to come down or grab a Schecter. Nope never like Ibanez 7's. They feel MUCH too light, small and..I HATE their headstock more than hairy balls in my face...if ever there was.

What I want is a swamp ash, 7 string Fender strat with floyd..with scalloped neck, maple and Vintage white. Think Malmsteen with HSS and floyd. Simple..Classic..Perfect! Large Headstock because it is the coolest headstock in the history of man. It boggles my mind that $80 Squires have those headstocks. It taunts my dreams.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                          I need a floyd..period. I'll wait for the Chris B's to come down or grab a Schecter. Nope never like Ibanez 7's. They feel MUCH too light, small and..I HATE their headstock more than hairy balls in my face...if ever there was.
                          I honestly don't think Jackson will be able to beat Ibanez in the 8 string market. My M8M feels like perfection because it's a design that's been refined over the last 8+ years. Jackson hasn't been doing 8's for very long. As for 7's, yeah I don't really like Ibanez, but I don't really like the 7 string Charvel that I played. I'm hoping that my 7 string Demon will be refined enough to keep.

Comment

Hey Xeno..what do you think of the Jeff Loomis Sigs. They feel beefy, and I think they sound great..even tho I was never a fan of EMGs. I kinda felt like a fanboy to buy it. But for $800 w/case..it's tempting. I must admit the EMGs sound focused for spastic rythms with the gain up compared to passives ..but something is lacking for me in the shredzone. My friend owns Stricklly 7 guitars..and he sweasr by his old Ibanez 7. It did fee good to me well before I tooks 7 seriously..before Nevermore and everyone seemed on board with 'em. He has an old Jem..but it's one of the earliest 7 Ibanez put out. He used that as a pont of reference with designing the Strickly 7 stuff. He did like the feel of my cheap Jackson 7, but thought it a tad muddy...it's a pretty light guitar. I like beefy guitars. I played bass forever..swamp ash G&L L-2000s..my fave. Prolly why.

For a grand what would you say is my best bet for killer 7. Should I grab a JL? I'm a traditional guy. ..sorta. But I think ya know.

Comment

I've never played one. I've tried a few Schecters, Ibanez and umm... a few other random guitars that I don't remember a while back but didn't play anything memorable. I have not really liked any of the 7-stringers I could find locally, but they were mostly all sub $500 models. All of my local stores have crap when it comes to 7 string guitars, and I really didn't like any of the 27" Schecters that I tried.

My CS Demon 7 string is going to be a 27" scale. The only reason is that my Stealth is 25.5 and the low B is a little floppier than I would like and I actually like longer scale necks. Wish I could give you advice, but I don't think I'm really qualified to talk much about anything more than 6 stringers because I haven't played many nice 7's. I haven't played any other 8 string guitars. I bought the M8M almost accidentally. It was just a natural fit for me. I'm not sure if I could have spec'd an extended range guitar out that works out so well for me.

I'd just say, find an ebay seller with a low price and a return policy.

Comment

Working...
                              X