No announcement yet.

7 and 8 String USA Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Xeno..I think I'd be more home with the 25.5..Have you tried a slightly heavier B. My kid bought me a a goofy set of Ernie Balls (by accident..duh). Skinny Top..HEAVY BOTTOM. Fuggit I'll try them on my Strat. they go 52..42..30..17..13..10. Could be meant to be. I dunno..hahhaa

SHIT!!! does anyone esle like this..instead. This was made in the 80s ??? This is what I desperately want..Old school...classic..timeless..Balls..needs OFR tho.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Imagine a reverse demon that looked closer to ESP's Horizon-III with the SLS headstock. Oh my.
      "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

This is some sort of new "extreme Dinky" shape designed for 7 and 8 string guitars. It's a Pablo-designed monstrosity that was featured at NAMM.

I wish Jackson would put out just a regular 7-string Soloist (no extended scale, no archtop) with passive pickups. I'd buy that in a heartbeat even if it was an X Series guitar.

Comment

I'll say this again. This was made in the 80's???!!!>>>>

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by len View Post
            The 7's HS is disproportionately longer than the 8's and looks retarded.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]4894[/ATTACH]

They should have just put the CB Soloist's HS on it, that inverted point makes it unrecognizable from Jackson
            as it is, it resembles an ESP HS more
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Hmm, I like the body style, but the headstocks are meh, but the real question is, why bolt-ons?!
              -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Because with a 7-string, it's not about the upper-fret access.

That said, the upper-fret access on my WR7 is flawless, and it's a bolt-on.

And Bill, I doubt Fender did a production 7-string Strat in the 80s. Maybe a sig/custom for a Jazz player, or Dick Dale
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Bolt-ons are cheaper to produce and for a buyer, cheaper to purchase. I like the body, I hate the headstock.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    And Bill, I doubt Fender did a production 7-string Strat in the 80s. Maybe a sig/custom for a Jazz player, or Dick Dale
                    That particular guitar was made for the infamous Maestro Alex Gregory, I believe. Some shop in England kept listing it on eBay for absurd prices.

The 7-string market is funny. The low-end guitars are basically for the "djent" kids who chug along on the lowest two strings, while better players are pickier and more willing to order a custom to get exactly what they want. As much as I don't like this new design, it'll probably go over big with the djent kids.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
                      The low-end guitars are basically for the "djent" kids who chug along on the lowest two strings, while better players are pickier and more willing to order a custom to get exactly what they want.
                      This is good for a WTF moment:

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        Because with a 7-string, it's not about the upper-fret access.

That said, the upper-fret access on my WR7 is flawless, and it's a bolt-on.
                        Yet, the X series 7-Strings are neck thru guitars, go figure! I would really love to see a 7 string Warrior Select WR1 with a traditional or a reversed pointy headstock but I know it won't happen anytime soon.
                        CS not only insanely expensive, but also it takes forever!

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post

Exactly, WTF was that?!! LOL
                        -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                          It doesn't look like he even uses the lowest strings in that vid.

Comment

After you watch it a few times it makes sense, but the first time is seriously WTF. Yeah, and he didn't use all the strings. That's ok, they're there if you need them... doesn't mean you have to use them all the time. lol

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                            Thanks Xeno..I think I'd be more home with the 25.5..Have you tried a slightly heavier B. My kid bought me a a goofy set of Ernie Balls (by accident..duh). Skinny Top..HEAVY BOTTOM. Fuggit I'll try them on my Strat. they go 52..42..30..17..13..10. Could be meant to be. I dunno..hahhaa
                            Sorry, missed that question last time I guess...

That is the hybrid set. Some people love them. I already know I wouldn't. I always go lighter. My BC came with 10-59's and I was not happy. I put on a pair of 9's and I couldn't be happier. I'd rather increase the scale than go heavier strings. All my 6 stringers have 9's on them, whatever that means. I like crunch more than I like chugga chugga. lol
                            Last edited by xenophobe; 10-29-2012, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Man, that dude has a million dollars worth of shit to sound like ...shit.

That was 41 seconds of wrongness.

Comment

Working...
                              X