Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friedman Blue Quilt String Thru

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store...48-i2234502.gc

Anyone ever run across this one in person? What looks modded here? Pickup and knob?

Couldn't find one in the catalogs. Is the from the "end of the run" when they ran out of the Kahlers?
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

that is at a GC local to me. i know the original owner. that guitar is a custom ordered friedman. it is legit and original.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

That is a KE1T production model. It has a U0 serial number. These came out in 2000 and this is one of the earlier serial #s that I've seen for this model. You can check out the specs in the 2000 catalog which is the only year the KE1T was made (and last year of the MF signature model). I talked to the owner of this kelly when it showed up at GC last year (he actually works there). He said he ordered the kelly with the white Duncan full shred, white ring and volume knob as it is. And yes, the volume knob is the standard location for this model.

Overall, it's a great looking guitar and there aren't too many out there.

Comment

i have salivated over that one many times but just cant pull the trigger as im a cheap bastard.
        Haters gonna hate
        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

So its a production model with some "custom" factory ordered specs (pickup, ring, knob color) ?

Is the price super wacky or ballpark?

Thx everyone for the info too.
          Jackson KV2
          Jackson KE1T
          Jackson KE1F
          Jackson SL1

Comment

It's a custom and that's top dollar. If you absolutely have to have it, it's not a horrible price.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

it is MINT too. they keep it in the vault in a glass case.
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Pulled the trigger on it, traded in some unwanted stuff at local GC to get my outlay just under $2k, at least I get 30 days to check it out.

Excited, was a Marty fan from way back when the cacophony cassette tape with Jason was brand new

Thanks everyone for the inside tips and background info.
                Jackson KV2
                Jackson KE1T
                Jackson KE1F
                Jackson SL1

Comment

Congrats! Around $2k is a good price for this one. If it plays like mine, you should be pretty happy with it. Give us a review when it arrives.

Comment

Congrats!

Very cool. Top looks gorgeous.

Comment

Congrats! I got a KE1 and it is a sweet guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
                        Congrats! Around $2k is a good price for this one. If it plays like mine, you should be pretty happy with it. Give us a review when it arrives.
                        Thx, I hope it looks as awesome as your blue one does.

I don't understand how it was ordered with a different pickup and ring if it is a production model from that 2000 year though. Jackson wouldn't do that now, would they? They'd make you do a custom shop order I think.
                        Last edited by Larz; 11-01-2012, 10:54 AM.
                        Jackson KV2
                        Jackson KE1T
                        Jackson KE1F
                        Jackson SL1

Comment

being friends with the local jackson rep helps. that guy, al, myself and shawn wolfe were all friends with the jackson rep. often we would get our guitars right off him and by-pass the stores. i know al and shown would order stuff through the rep all the time. that might be how he did it.
                          GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Ahhhh, the old inside connection.

Thanks for the background info, it really helps with these used guitars.
                            Jackson KV2
                            Jackson KE1T
                            Jackson KE1F
                            Jackson SL1

Comment

Hey Larz post some pics of your new Kelly, Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X