SL2H Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL2H Wiring

Perhaps this should be in the tech forum, if so I'll move it to there. As mentioned in my NGD thread, I'm looking to swap the JB. The wiring in the SL2H looks a little bit different from the diagram from the Seymour Duncan website. Please take a look below. That red filter cap (or whatever you call it) is connected between the tone pot to the switch. In the SD diagram it is on the tone pot only. What should I follow, does it make a difference at all?

I guess I need to change the 250k pots to 500k as well. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the volume pot is 250k here? There is no 250k mark on it... Has anyone tried a TB-5 or TB-6 with 250k? Thanks in advance.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by laurens; 11-20-2012, 06:07 PM.

the cap goes between the middle lug of the tone pot & ground. It doesn't matter where it is grounded to. On your guitar, it is grounded to the switch - the SD diagram, it's grounded to the back of the pot. Either is fine.

Unless it has been changed, the vol. pot should already be a 500k. I wouldn't worry about it.

Since you're swapping a Duncan for a Duncan, just note the colours of the wires you are disconnecting for the JB and reconnect the same coloured wires for the Custom (bare & green to ground on back, black to the switch). Should be a quick & easy job for you. Good luck!
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm using a TB-5 in my RR1T with the stock volume, which I believe is 250K. It sounds great to me.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The JB can be a shrill pick up and to cut some of that out they will use a 250 k pot sometimes.
        Most of the time they will use a 500k vol and a 250k tone pot.
        The cap is going to a ground so not an issue.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Many thanks all! This forum always delivers.

Comment

Working...
          X