Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the Custom Shop delivery so bad???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the Custom Shop delivery so bad???

Is anyone else experiencing bad delivery times? I ordered a custom shop over 13 months ago. During the summer I was told I was close to delivery but then they asked for the specs to be reconfirmed. Now I don't know if I'll ever see it. I've been a Jackson fanatic since my first custom soloist in 84. I'm getting more and more dissapointed with this wait. I don't know if it's worth waiting anymore or just cancelling and getting an Anderson!

The delivery time for the Jackson CS pretty embarrassing - they're quoting 18-24 months right now. It's worth it, but it's difficult to justify.

Anderson deliver in 4 months. And I was blown away by mine.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

To be fair, this subject has been discussed/debated at least 100 times since I've joined here. I'm waiting for a CS Jackson and I got over a year to go. It sucks ass but what can you do? If you prefer CS Jacksons, you're fucked.

Comment

Yeah, what vector said. Dead horse.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

since im a cheap bastard i have never inquired but do yall pay as ya go or is it all up front. Because fuck for as long as it takes a Mc Donalds worker could make monthly payments using a fuckin EBT card
          Haters gonna hate
          Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Stop complaining!

The lead time for a Jackson Custom Shop guitar is a year and a half. 18 months. If that bugs you...go order something else!

Good things come to those who wait. Um..Haste makes Waste!

Comment

After a 9-12 month wait, if they ask you to confirm the specs, it means it's finally starting the build phase.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by mottobur View Post
                The lead time for a Jackson Custom Shop guitar is a year and a half. 18 months. If that bugs you...go order something else!
                Yeah, I'll bet Ran Guitars can make a nice ripo....Replica for half the price in half the time
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                  Yeah, I'll bet Ran Guitars can make a nice ripo....Replica for half the price in half the time
                  Maybe 4 years ago. IIRC Ran has fired up their pricing way up there in recent years.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Maybe 4 years ago. IIRC Ran has fired up their pricing way up there in recent years.
                    You may be right, but from what I gathered, turnaround time or price was still not as high as J/C, nor are there any "no-go's" in a design

I guess it's probably more expensive for the other side of the Atlantic, as a Custom J/C would be here

I mean, just a warmoth RR in parts is gonna put me way over $1300 before shipping and tax, without even going crazy on the options
                    and for that money it's not even built, nor does it have any hardware installed
                    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I am waiting on a custom shop. Ordered just over a year ago, and the build has not started. I'll stick with Anderson going forward. I don't need a case of "guitar blue balls".

Comment

I've done the 1-2 year wait thing for my CS Jacksons before. I know it sucks and other builders such as Anderson can get it done much quicker. However, there is still nothing like a Jackson! I don't like the turn around time either but if I order another CS guitar it will be Jackson again!
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Elephants have a gestation period of 24 months. So if you are lucky, you can have a CS Jackson quicker than a baby elephant

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
                            Elephants have a gestation period of 24 months. So if you are lucky, you can have a CS Jackson quicker than a baby elephant
                            Which one costs more?

Comment

^^does it come with a case?
                              Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X