Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the Custom Shop delivery so bad???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, i don't get it! Even those scumbags at PRS deliver in 6 months. For the first time in 25 years I'm starting to hate Jackson and this ridiculous crap!

Comment

I'm a patient man. If the USA jacksons are anything to go by, I'm going to enjoy mine.

Comment

10 weeks for my Carvin.
        I know it's not as good as a J/C custom shop but it also cost me less then the top end MIJ Jacksons used to be priced.

Comment

The only way I would consider ordering a Custom Shop Jackson is if they basically sold you a slot in their production schedule. When your spot came up, they called you and you hammered out the specs.

I could see a year wait, but my tastes change too much to wait around 2 years. Also, you should have the option of getting USA Selects in the color of your choice, without being a "Custom Shop" guitar. Seriously, just grab a USA Select off the line and spray it a different color. Why does that have to be Custom Shop? I don't mind an upcharge for getting the color I want, but I'm not waiting 2 years for it.

Comment

Well I'm one month into my lead time!

Comment

For those of you who have ordered what is the deposit and final price (roughly)? I could put about $1500 now, and save $100 until they deliver it to me.

Comment

I was thinking that as well. Good size deposit to place order, then role into the music store every month & plop down some more $$ to pay it off at your ability. Hope the store doesn't go out of business in that time. Also hopefully your tastes do not change. Then woohoo hopefully a new Custom Shop Jackson.
                I like the idea of putting you in the production line. Maybe they do these in batches. February is Soloists, hey I ordered a custom Soloist & they contact you or the store to get your order specs. Two to six months later a new Custom Shop order arrives.
                KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I have two in the oven. 2 months and counting...

Originally posted by snowblind56 View Post
                  The only way I would consider ordering a Custom Shop Jackson is if they basically sold you a slot in their production schedule. When your spot came up, they called you and you hammered out the specs.
                  That would be awesome.

I suggested that they offered an expedited build fee of $1000 and the rep was fairly surprised, but it would never happen.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by snowblind56 View Post

I also think this is an awesome idea and would buy a few slots into the future because I know I'll want something new down the line but damned if I can tell you what it is right now.

Comment

I'm almost on month 24 for a run I organized.. wondering if it's worse for a run before I go for another CS order.

Comment

Working...
                      X