Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I introduce you my Jackson SL2H Soloist USA

Hello Friends!
    I want to show you my completely customized Jackson SL2H Soloist USA, I bought it from Ebay at a great price and very good condition and I made some improvements:

Pickups: Seymour Duncan JB (bridge) Gibson Classic 57' (Neck) with split Push-Pull pot, I think those Zebra pickups combine beautifully with the Cream Binding

Brass Sustain Block with Brass Spring Claw

non graduated Sperzel Locking Tuners

And with my baby Marshall JVM410H

Very Nice!
    Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Fuckin A! Love the JB. How does that work with the JVM? Sweet guitar.

Comment

Hello Soloist!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Looks good just wonder why you flipped the neck pick up.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
            Fuckin A! Love the JB. How does that work with the JVM? Sweet guitar.
            I couln't be happier, the best of two worlds: the JB is such an amazing Bridge pickup! great for soloing and Riffing, and the 57 has great Clear and Warm Cleans, The JVM does his work, very versatile amp. covers a wide range of sounds, From Blues to Heavy Metal

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              Looks good just wonder why you flipped the neck pick up.
              The JB is a "Reverse JB" has the colors inverted (I didn't find the regular Zebra JB so I bought this)
              The 57' is a Classic 57' Plus (an overwound version of the Classic 57' with more ouput) mented to be in the Bridge position (has also the colors inverted)
              I leaved the pickups in that way just for a aesthetic reason, no Quantic Science here haha , It seems to not change the sound to much

Comment

I know it makes no difference but the screw lugs should be closest to the neck.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nice score! Like the pickups choice!
                  Gear

Jackson KV2 Blue Ghost Flames
                  Jackson DK1 Lightning Sky

http://youtu.be/QgffP2mRU5w
                  http://youtu.be/WYEEje1M3hQ
                  http://youtu.be/UfhVSt5LtrI

Comment

Originally posted by DrJackson View Post
                    The JB is a "Reverse JB" has the colors inverted (I didn't find the regular Zebra JB so I bought this)
                    The 57' is a Classic 57' Plus (an overwound version of the Classic 57' with more ouput) mented to be in the Bridge position (has also the colors inverted)
                    I leaved the pickups in that way just for a aesthetic reason, no Quantic Science here haha , It seems to not change the sound to much
                    But you said that the neck pickup had a coil tap, so that WOULD change the sound A LOT because it's likely the slug coil that comes on...
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by DrJackson View Post
                      Actually if you go back to the very first humbuckers, this is not reverse. Seymour screwed it up and called the normal reversed and the reverse normal. And Gibson can't get it right like the originals either. The correct original 1950's coloring was studs got the cream coil, and screws got the black coil.

Comment

Indeed nice Score! looks very clean too!
                        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

beautiful. what are the sperzels for?

Comment

Why is it that a lot of dudes get confused when they see locking tuners on a guitar with a locking nut? Locking tuners make restringing easier, it's not like you can use locking tuners and do away with the locking nut altogether.
                            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                              Why is it that a lot of dudes get confused when they see locking tuners on a guitar with a locking nut? Locking tuners make restringing easier, it's not like you can use locking tuners and do away with the locking nut altogether.

You most certainly can do away with a locking nut if you have locking tuners! Carvin offers it standard on trem models. Of course, the nut has to be that special teflon or whatever material that doesn't allow snags for the strings to get caught in. I've got 4 Carvins like that, 2 with their Kahler Steeler trems, 1 with a Floyd, and one with a Wilkinson. All 4 stay in tune just fine, and all without a locking nut.
                              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                              Gotta get away from here.
                              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                              X