Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson USA SLH2 Missing serial numbers

Hi Guys,

1st post in years, and I need some help.

I'm deciding between purchasing 1 of these SLH2s (Maybe both!)

SL2H Black Local Ad
    SL2H Trans-Blue (MusicStore)

Both seem to be missing serial numbers at the 25th fret, should I be concerned? Both say Made In U.S.A on the headstock.

Last edited by NoWisdom; 09-24-2013, 09:09 PM.

When you say they seem to be missing, are you just going by those pics, or did both sellers confirm that they are missing?

They are stamped into the wood, and can be quite hard if not impossible to pick out in certain pictures, so if you haven't asked the sellers if there is a serial #, I would start there.

There are some examples of USAs leaving the factory without a serial number (I have seen a few posts from members here about their guitars not having one) but I believe they are pretty rare. It would surprise me if both of those are without number.

Comment

And there are thieves that sand off the serial numbers on stolen guitars. Buyer beware.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I contacted them both last night and they finally replied just now. Both have serial #s at the bottom of the 24th fret, I guess its pretty hard to take a picture of that.

Also this will be my 1st premium guitar, I currently have a Dark Blue DK2/Satin Black Shecter Revenger 6/Satin Black Ibanez XF-350

Thanks again, for the replies.
        Last edited by NoWisdom; 09-24-2013, 09:10 PM.

Comment

The only advice I can afford you is if your local sales tax is indeed 13%, move.
          Mitch
          AxeDealers/Guitarsehole

Comment

I like black and emgs, so I'd say that one. You also will have the opportunity to play/inspect it first?
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

why is that white block on the image of the black one? Is something on the body? Sticker maybe? I prefer that trans blue though.

Comment

Two birds of a different feather. Would be awesome to own both but having to make a choice, I'd side with Xeno and say grab the black one. Hard to say just going off pics so try em first if you can.
                In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

It used to be 15% (8% GST 5% PST) but then it was harmonized to 13% (HST) ... I'm in Toronto, ON. Where do you propose I move to? hahaha

Yes, I will be able to inspect the black one, the blue is in French Territory (Montreal, QC) ... so it will be shipped to me, and no return option (But blue...argh...)

Comment

I put that white bar there because its the reflection of the guy selling it to me. It was pretty clear, so I just wanted to remove it.

Comment

He also said he is the original owner and it came stock with EMGs, does that sound right? Serial No #U22864 **Correction #U22564
                      Last edited by NoWisdom; 01-11-2013, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NoWisdom View Post
                        He also said he is the original owner and it came stock with EMGs, does that sound right? Serial No #U22864
                        No OEM EMG's for the Soloist, only SD's.

U22XXX must be early '11 or late '10.

Comment

I'd definitely go with the black one. The price difference and 13% tax seems like a kick in the nuts to me. Also, it might be the flash but the blue one seems to have a light ebony board. I like mine to be as dark as possible. And if you can try it before you buy it, that is a plus.

Are you sure the second is an SL2? Stock EMGs would have to make it a DK1 but from that one picture I can't tell if it's a bolt on or not. That would explain the missing serial too... because it's on the back!

Comment

Except for some limited runs, the soloists do not come with EMGs.

It is possible that this was a limited run, but more likely that the pickups were swapped. Does it have a factory installed battery compartment, or is the battery just stuffed in the control cavity?

I have a soloist that came with EMGs from the factory. It is a standard production serial number (U18xxx, can't remember exactly) but it is a limited edition of 10 guitars. It is clearly marked as such, and has the battery boxes routed into the back of the guitar. I believe they do that on all of their EMG equipped guitars these days (someone correct me if I am wrong), so I think that would be your best indicator as to whether the EMGs were factory installed or not.

Maybe ask for a picture of the back of the guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by decadence5423 View Post
                              Are you sure the second is an SL2? Stock EMGs would have to make it a DK1 but from that one picture I can't tell if it's a bolt on or not. That would explain the missing serial too... because it's on the back!
                              He said the serial is U22864, has to be a soloist.

Comment

Working...
                              X