Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats, looks great.

Have you had EMG pickups before?

Not sure if you know about it, but you can easily modify the EMGs to an 18V setup without any permanent changes to the guitar (just takes an extra battery, and a couple 9V battery connectors and can be removed immediately if you don't like it). It changes the sound. Some like it with the original 9V setup, some like the 18V setup better. Some people even set it up so they can toggle between 9V and 18V.

I like it much better with the 18V setup. Seems to give more headroom, and really opens up the sound (to my ears). The pickups can handle up to 27V, so there is no risk of damage to the pickups (EMG actually oks the 18V mod on their site).

It's something to think about if you want to try to get a different sound with the same pickups. If you are interested I can send you a diagram of how to hook it up (it's very easy, just snapping a couple connectors together and adding a battery).

Comment

Originally posted by NoWisdom View Post
      Oh that number if from the original pic I got, I read it wrong. Once i got the guitar the actual number is #22564.

edit: Any details about this number?
      Got it. Congrats and enjoy the soloist!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
        FYI, I have U22864 in my log of USA serial numbers. It was for sale on Ebay in March 2012 and the seller listed it as metallic black. I have the work order # and the production date (5/17/10) in my log
        Wow! I am impressed; you must have extensive detailed files!

(Will you add the OPs Soloist now? )
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
          Congrats, looks great.

Have you had EMG pickups before?

Not sure if you know about it, but you can easily modify the EMGs to an 18V setup without any permanent changes to the guitar (just takes an extra battery, and a couple 9V battery connectors and can be removed immediately if you don't like it). It changes the sound. Some like it with the original 9V setup, some like the 18V setup better. Some people even set it up so they can toggle between 9V and 18V.

I like it much better with the 18V setup. Seems to give more headroom, and really opens up the sound (to my ears). The pickups can handle up to 27V, so there is no risk of damage to the pickups (EMG actually oks the 18V mod on their site).

It's something to think about if you want to try to get a different sound with the same pickups. If you are interested I can send you a diagram of how to hook it up (it's very easy, just snapping a couple connectors together and adding a battery).
          Hey yeah, I had EMGs before on a Epiphone Prophecy SG, traded it for a Ibanez XF350 + $100 (Which is up for sale now - should of kept the SG). Anyways yeah, if you can send me the diagram and wiring info that would be awesome.

Comment

No problem.

18V.jpg

I was wrong, it requires 3 extra 9V battery connectors, but it is simple to try...
            Last edited by Ward; 01-11-2013, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
              No problem.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5232[/ATTACH]

I was wrong, it requires 3 extra 9V battery connectors, but it is simple to try...

Wow, that looks fairly painless to try. I may give it a go on my DK1.
              "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                Wow! I am impressed; you must have extensive detailed files!

(Will you add the OPs Soloist now? )
                Thanks, Ron. I actually have a cool spreadsheet that I track specs of the USAs, including model, production date, color/graphic, etc. I've been trying to keep notes where I got the info, major condition issues and who the owner is if I got it from one of the guitar boards. I started it just for fun years ago and have kept it up when I have time. So when I see threads like this or a NGD thread, I check my log or add new ones if they are posted. I'm glad it comes in handy sometimes.

And what's the OPs soloist? LOL What did I miss?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post

And what's the OPs soloist?
                  U22564 - pictured above
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
                    Wow, that looks fairly painless to try. I may give it a go on my DK1.
                    That's why I love the mod. Cheap & easy to try, and totally reversible.

Comment

Working...
                    X