No announcement yet.

Am I the only one? Volume position problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about a push to turn knob? You won't have to replace the potentiometer.

I found this on some other forum. I have never tried it to verify that it works as advertised below.

"Put one of these on any standard pot - A Push-To-Turn knob. Locks onto the pot shaft with set screws, and spins freely until you push down on it. $12. http://tinyurl.com/3d9c39 - even though the link goes to a page that shows a silver one, the description says it comes in anodized finish gloss or matte. Colors are clear or black.."

I think the price has risen since that was originally posted. EDIT: try a Google search for 'push-to-turn knob". It appears there are other outlets for various knobs of this kind.

Also, if you play with the guitar volume full blast all the time, maybe you can dab a tiny bit of silicone caulk on the base of the shaft. Just enough to keep it from spinning, let it dry, then put the knob back on for aesthetic purposes. Just a thought. That may be a terrible idea for all I know.
    Last edited by Jacksons Rock; 01-24-2013, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X