No announcement yet.

Are people hoarding Warriors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think everyone pretty much nailed it. Low production number and owners that love a hold on to them and usually have more than one mean the secondary market suck for finding them used..HAHA
    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

I own five warriors where two of them are USA Select WR1s (Gun Metal Grey, Agent Orange), and both have two different characters in spite of the exact specs. Love them to death, best playing guitars I've tried or owned... And IMO of course the warrior is the best metal and drastic looking pointy out there coming from a production line. Chrome hardware makes it look very cheap though, so JSs and WRTXs are too icky for my taste.

I'm planing to get a couple more WR1s in Absinthe Frost and probably White if I ever get that extra money one day!
      -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Hoarder here lol. Just like mentioned above, low production numbers, awesome playing/looking guitars, the ones I've found I've held onto. Owned a couple later model WR1s and sold them cause I liked my early ones better. Sold off the early Pros as well to concentrate on US stuff, and have only gotten rid of 1 early US, as there was a trade I couldn't refuse.
        RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
        RIP Dime

Comment

Yes, most people seem to keep their Warriors. Even a decade ago, Warrior Pros were on the fairly uncommon side.

There are a fair number of CS and USA Warriors with the slanted fretboard. Nobody seems willing to part with them though.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

True enough. I developed a hankering for a Warrior in the last 2 years and have only seen one used one come up on the board and elsewhere.

Comment

Well, if you can't find (or afford) a "Warrior" you can always get a "Violator" instead:

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                Well, if you can't find (or afford) a "Warrior" you can always get a "Violator" instead:

That guitar just violated my eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
                  That guitar just violated my eyes!
                  Indeed... Probably the name was inspired by its headstock!
                  -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

I prefer the hackmodded pup route on 90's warriors. More expense and hassle fitting 2 SC-size pups otherwise.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I allways thought it would be cool if they did a reissue of the 91 Warriors. Have all of them exactly the same including the same finishes. Hell id buy at least three
                      H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Hmm.. one in yellow pearl for me. Nocturnus FTW!
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                        X