My "custom" kv2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "custom" kv2

Been working on this for months...started it's life as a red ghost flame. Really beat up. Frets have zero life. Just put the veneer on it Friday. It's super thin (1/40") so the filled in cavity (alder & epoxy) will never crack thru the paint. But it'll be painted like an absinthe green. Maybe some black pinstripes. Not sure yet...Waiting for the SS frets to arrive, tall/narrow. Probably going with a Gotoh trem, j90c and a je1000 boost. direct mount PU. (ring would get in my way...) Oiled neck to boot. One vol knob, stock knob placement gets in my way too! Thinking about scalloping the last 4...Still a bit rough, some glue on the veneer, but here it is!
    EDIT: Here's what it looked like when I got it in June 2012

Last edited by 197666; 02-03-2013, 01:42 PM.

Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
      Can't wait to see how this turns out!
      same! ha. Fretwire should be in today or tomorrow. I need to put hardware and string it up. Once it's back... off to the paintssss

Comment

Sweet love me some projects!
        Haters gonna hate
        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Nice! Keep us posted!
          tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

You ditched the red ghost flames paint? This had better be good!
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
              You ditched the red ghost flames paint? This had better be good!
              My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Same here - I thought the red ghosts looked great. I do like that you filled the neck hum in though. Looking forward to seein' this one completed!

Comment

SAM_1220.jpg

Nice job man, hopes it works out. Thought its a bit funny that you got 2 KVs , 1 rr and a soloist. Same clan as i have!

Comment

Originally posted by AIC70 View Post
                    Same here - I thought the red ghosts looked great. I do like that you filled the neck hum in though. Looking forward to seein' this one completed!
                    I got it for reallllly cheap. Then sold off the EMGs and floyd. When you strip off all the paint, you see all the tooling mistakes. Kinda pathetic for a guitar that costs 3k brand new.

Machining the pickup cavities blew holes thru the rear spring cavity, When I stripped the neck, there's some ebony between the maple and binding cause i thin black stripe that tapers. I'll have to take a pic. There was a chunk taken out between the neck and the neck picking cavity that was filled in with some filler.

Most odd is there a alder (or maple...) veneer on both sides. Not too thick either, I suspect 1/20th of inch.

Originally posted by Yeah_man View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]5374[/ATTACH]

Nice job man, hopes it works out. Thought its a bit funny that you got 2 KVs , 1 rr and a soloist. Same clan as i have!
                    Whoa, literally! I only play the black Kv2 really. My rr24 feels like junk compared to the USAs!
                    Last edited by 197666; 02-05-2013, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Nice.

Comment

whoooaaaa ....I love one hum jacksons!!!!! its worth for destroying the ghost flames (at least I hope the story will have a happy ending)

Comment

I love your rr24m by the way

Comment

The direct mounted pup will look pretty nice. Not sure why I favor them...I just do.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Comment

Originally posted by vampire dark View Post
                              I love your rr24m by the way
                              It's kinda of beat up. It got dropped and the tips to both fins broke off. Glued em back on

Originally posted by vampire dark View Post
                              whoooaaaa ....I love one hum jacksons!!!!! its worth for destroying the ghost flames (at least I hope the story will have a happy ending)
                              My thoughts

Comment

Working...
                              X