Price check on 1992 Randy Rhoads LTD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price check on 1992 Randy Rhoads LTD

Greetings all. About a month ago I picked up a lovely 1992 Jackson Randy Rhoads LTD with Floyd bridge for what I thought was a decent price. Thought I might be able to flip it at a fair bit more but may have over-estimated it's worth. It's not dead mint but maybe conservative 9/10 condition, a very excellent condition player. In the interest of full disclosure, it is currently on ebay but this is it's last run there because the guitar is frigging awesome and I'm keeping it for a while. Just love the vibe, looks and tone of that guitar.

I am curious though as to what they're really worth these days in this economy. When I do sell things I try to not be one of those optimistic people, instead I try to price things at a fair level which will likely make them go away. Again, it will not be going away now but anything could happen in the future of course. I seem to see and hear about them trading in a very wide range, as low as maybe $3,000 and as high as the $6,000 range. I thought I used to always see them well over $6,000's but that seems to have changed.

Any guidance would be appreciated. I guarantee that I am not fishing for offers or trying to publicize my ebay listing. Just wanting to know where I stand since I took a bit of a crapshoot when I bought it. And mind you, I am very happy to have it around.

honestly i thought 3G was high for the floyd'd ones. the V trems bring substantially more $.

Comment

The floyded ones hit 3500, but that was a longass time ago.

To answer your "what's it worth" question, check ebay completed listings. It's easy to pick out the 92s from the later reissues.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I agree with Sully, the Floyded ones were in the $3500 range. The problem you run into when shooting for the $6000 range is that price is more like what the 25th Anniversary Rhoads would be in. Also, if someone is going to spend several thousand on a Rhoads/LTD they might as well go for the Rhoads Concorde Relic which is the most accurate of all the versions to Randy's original. This is not to detract from the 92 LTd's at all. I have the Floyded as well as V-trem version of them as well as a later NAMM show version of it. The LTD's are fantastic guitars but I think $6000 for a Floyded LTD is high. BTW, the 92 LTD had Schaller Floyds on them, except for the ones with V-trem of course. The NAMM Show version of it had an Original Floyd Rose and the headstock also had custom Shop on it and carried an RR serial number instead of LTD serial number. Nice looking LTD you posted there.
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info. I didn't grossly overpay but it would seem that my ideas of an easy flop are shot. It's one of those guitars you get in thinking you might not have around for very long but after playing them you say hmmm. The condition is just right so I don't have to worry about putting fingerprints on it but don't have to make many excuses for either. It feels so comfortable, has tons of mojo and the tone through my amp is just kick ass. Very sweet. I might not have originally jumped to tie up what I did in it given the above guidance but I'm not having any regrets for sure.

It was quite a Jackson Randy Rhoads month for me, also having acquired one of these (not my actual guitar) as well. I had one a number of years ago but sold it because it had developed a clear coat crack on the side of the neck near the locking nut. I was really sad about letting it go and just had the opportunity to replace it at what I know was a reasonable level. It plays and sounds awesome too. very happy to her back in the house.

Thanks!

Last edited by Tonelover; 02-07-2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X