Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Soloist USA 91 + Caparison content!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Soloist USA 91 + Caparison content!

Hey guys, im new on here and following up from my thread i posted about USA soloist vs soloist pro, i eventually bought the USA which was cheaper than the Pro! I managed to get this for £625, and anyone in the UK on here will know how cheap that is. Its my first Jackson USA (well infact the first Jackson iv ever played) and im totally blown away. The neck profile is killer and the upper fret access is the best is the best iv seen/played. The guy i bought it off dropped it off today and he had the original pictures of when it was finished in "sunset". Yes its been resprayed in Black but like he said, you can tell its a professional job, its super shiny and immaculate. The only downfall is a bit of surface rust on the floyd (mainly fine tuners) but i suppose thats to be expected of a guitar 22 years old. The binding has aged nicely and the ebony fretboard is nice and dark. Totally stoked with it as you can tell!

Iv also included a few pics with my Caparison Dellinger. These are made in Japan for those of you who dont know and the Owner/chief designer orignally worked at Jackson so you the neck profiles are very similar and the overall feel/look. Im finally starting to be happy with my arsenal of guitars now. I can see these Jacksons becoming very addictive!

Unfortunately my pics dont do it justice but here goes:

That SL1 looks great. That does look like a professional job. To me it blows the Cap out of the water.

Comment

Congrats! Love the Caparison, too. :-)
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, the finish looks good. The Ebay photos made it look questionable. Maybe the greasy smearing worked in your favor and scared off some bidders. Congratulations !

Comment

It really looks good! I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Nice Caparison btw! Congrats!!
          Gear

Jackson KV2 Blue Ghost Flames
          Jackson DK1 Lightning Sky

http://youtu.be/QgffP2mRU5w
          http://youtu.be/WYEEje1M3hQ
          http://youtu.be/UfhVSt5LtrI

Comment

You got that soloist for £625?! I hate you
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Awesome. I've got a 91 soloist (standing woman on a beach, similar to your original sunset) that I absolutely love.

Love the feel of the old soloists, congrats.

Any chance you would post the original sunset graphic pic?

Comment

Nice! +1 on the Framus Cobra too. Love mine.

Comment

Nice dark hunk of ebony!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Very nice looking guitar! If it were mine (prior to your ownership) I would have left the original sunset graphic.

Comment

Grats!

I think you made the right choice. I'd rather have a beat up SL1 than a minty professional... not that I'm saying your SL1 is beat up, it looks just fine, just that I think you made the right choice.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Hey Guys, thanks for the kind words. Im loving it more each time i play it! I dont have the original pics of it with the "sunset" graphic unfortunately, only a printout of the eBay auction when the owner prior to me bought it.

Im currently giving her a little TLC at the minute. The frets were covered in grime so ive used some 0000 steel wool and theyve come up mint now, no fretwear whatsoever. Iv put on new strings and balanced the bridge. Checked the trust rod and it needs a little adjustment but i dont have any allen wrenches.

Can someone confirm if its 7mm or 1/4 i need?

Thanks

Comment

Wow, those are both gorgeous!! Holy crap! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                          X