Jackson USA Custom Select

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson USA Custom Select

I am ordering a Jackson USA Custom Select and I want the headstock to look identical to the picture below. Can someone confirm that this is the 90's style logo for Jackson at 100% sizing. This is the complete list of options I am choosing.

*Soloist SL2H
    *Color: Solid Color - Snow White
    *Headstock Finish: Paint Matching Solid Finish
    *Headstock Logo: Jackson 90's
    *Logo Size: 80%
    *Logo Color: Black
    *Nut Material: Locking Nut (Floyd Rose)
    *Neck Finish: Oil Finish
    *Inlay Type: Sharkfin
    *Inlay Color: Pearl
    *Fingerboard Type: Ebony
    *Truss Rod Cover: 3ply blk-wht-blk
    *Tuners: Gotoh
    *Hardware Color: Black
    *Fret Wire: Jumbo Stainless Steel
    *Bridge: Floyd Rose, 37mm top mount
    *Neck Binding: Ivoroid
    *Headstock Binding: Ivoroid
    *Pickup Rings: Black
    *Control Options: Dome Metal(Black)
    *Controls: Volume 1/2" back
    * EVH low friction volume
    * EVH high friction tone
    *Strings 9-42
    *Tuning: E Flat
    *Pickups: Dimarzio Super Distortion Bridge, Dimarzio PAF Pro Neck

I may do a reverse head stock if the option is available. Does anyone know if the logo sizing would need to be changed to 80% or 60% if I went with a reverse headstock?

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Jacksons Rock; 02-17-2013, 09:05 PM.

I'd say that logo is smaller...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That looks like 80% logo. A 100% logo would have the tail of the N almost touching the high e tuning peg and the front part of the J would be more under the truss cover, like this:

You can always send that picture to your dealer to forward to the Jackson rep for confirmation...

Last edited by xenophobe; 02-16-2013, 02:47 PM.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Thanks guys, I am getting this through Matt @ www.mattsmusic.com. He contacted Jackson and confirmed that the logo in the picture I posted is 80%. Also, 80% would be the sizing used if it were a reverse headstock. Matt is extremely helpful by the way.

"The geometry on a reverse headstock makes the 100% logo a very tight fit and cuts off portions; so we use the 80% logo on reverse headstocks, they look and fit much better."

Comment

Jacksons Rock, I like the specs on your Soloist. That should look classy as well as fit equally well in a hard rocking band at the same time I prefer the standard pointy headstock to reverses myself, but its going to look great either way!
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Thank you roodyrocker, I think it will look great. I am new to Jackson guitars. The first Jackson I have ever owned or played is a recently acquired SL2H-V. I have never owned a guitar that played this well.

I decided to go with a standard pointy headstock on this new guitar. I will post some pictures when it arrives.

Comment

Jackson's logo distinction has always been a train wreck. It's one point where I have always had a problem with custom guitars I have ordered.

That logo is the one I sent pics of for my last order and never got a straight answer as to what they actually refer to it as in the factory. It's not 90's. That's what Jackson said it was after the pics I sent and I signed off on "white 90's logo" and they simply painted/silkscreened this logo on

Luckily I sent about 5 pictures with my order so they did take the guitar back and refinish the headstock with the correct logo. But that was another 4 month wait.

Seems like a lot of late 80's/early 90's models had that style logo. Perhaps it's just an 80% "80's logo". Then again, maybe it is a 90's logo and they just fucked up my guitar. Not like that ever happens....

Comment

That's a MOP logo.

And you're correct, logo distinction is kinda weird.

All of the customs I order have had a bordered logo like this:

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

As long as the logo is black in color and sized at 80% I won't be sad, 'cause two out of three ain't bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Rock View Post
                    Thanks guys, I am getting this through Matt @ www.mattsmusic.com. He contacted Jackson and confirmed that the logo in the picture I posted is 80%. Also, 80% would be the sizing used if it were a reverse headstock. Matt is extremely helpful by the way.

"The geometry on a reverse headstock makes the 100% logo a very tight fit and cuts off portions; so we use the 80% logo on reverse headstocks, they look and fit much better."
                    I have been a Jackson fan for a long time. I do have other brands as well but I always liked my Jacksons best With a standard pointy headstock the one you ordered is very worthy
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Picture this with black Dimarzio's and an 80% logo size and this should be what it resembles. Now excuse me while I go clean the drool off the keyboard.

Comment

Working...
                      X