Warning: Undefined array key 47843 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 47843 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 47843 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 47843 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Keep JT6 ???? - JCFonline.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep JT6 ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep JT6 ????

Hey all,

I got a 1988 soloist, and its my first guitar with a non recessed trem.

I am used to the string height cos ive played/ owned heaps of different guitars but im a little afraid to abuse the bar. might be that the thing is only a few years younger than me or what but i have original floyds in all my other guitars and they take a beating rather well.

As far as i know everything else in this guitar is original spec, although i think the nut is non original.... i dont wanna change it unless i really have to, i think the pu's sound great , especially with the mid boost.

if i chuck some pics in would someone be able to let me know??

Serial is J4985

Am i just a knob or does the JT6 suck?

Apologies for grammar/ spelling, ive had a fair crack on the piss today.

Originally posted by Yeah_man View Post
    Hey all,

I got a 1988 soloist, and its my first guitar with a non recessed trem.

I am used to the string height cos ive played/ owned heaps of different guitars but im a little afraid to abuse the bar. might be that the thing is only a few years younger than me or what but i have original floyds in all my other guitars and they take a beating rather well.

As far as i know everything else in this guitar is original spec, although i think the nut is non original.... i dont wanna change it unless i really have to, i think the pu's sound great , especially with the mid boost.

if i chuck some pics in would someone be able to let me know??

Serial is J4985

Am i just a knob or does the JT6 suck?

Apologies for grammar/ spelling, ive had a fair crack on the piss today.
    You are just a knob I have many many axes and the JT6 works fine. Most issues are from gorilla's overtightening the bolts and stripping / cracking parts.

I would not waste the money swapping unless there was something really wrong and it can be identify as being the bridge at fault (not just some guess because the guitar won't stay in tune).
    Last edited by DonP; 02-21-2013, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Like Don said, the JT6 is fine, unless it's been abused/neglected and has something wrong with it.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The JT6 works fine in terms of holding tune, but I really dislike the position and feel of the fine tuners. So I'd swap it out every time...

You need to post a pic of your guitar though
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I sort of like them back out of the way. I guess if you mess with them a lot they would be inconvenient.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            Most issues are from gorilla's overtightening the bolts and stripping / cracking parts.
            I must be part gorilla then. I partially stripped out two of the locking bolts while tightening them to 'finger tight' level using the short part of the key for my leverage.

I have a real love/hate relationship with the JT6. The design is killer but the bulk of the parts are made from soft as hell pot metal.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

It might work fine but it looks like crap, IMHO

Comment

And some think OFR's look like crap, Kahler's look like crap, Gotoh's look like crap, V-trems look like crap, bigsby's look like crap, wilkinson's look like crap, ...
                Last edited by DonP; 02-21-2013, 04:10 PM.

Comment

I'll have to concur with Hellbat on the evaluation of the unit - terrific design, but unfortunately shite manufacturing standard / build quality. I've swapped all mine for OFRs along with a true locknut (no particular biggie whether a Kahler or FR), since the JT-6/Kahler stringLOCK just doesn't seem to do it for me. To elaborate on DonP's statement, just about any trem system can be seen as an "acquired taste" - I know that it took me some time to get there, but once you try it...!
                  "Hey man, it's better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool!"

My Jacksons/Charvels:
                  '91 Jackson® (MIJ) Professional Limited Edition Phil Collen Sig Archtop in Black
                  '91 Jackson® USA Kelly KE-1F (FLOYD!)
                  '89 Jackson® USA Phil Collen Archtop in White (KAHLER!)
                  '88 Jackson® USA Granite Strat

Comment

Working...
                  X