Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR Tribute Help

Hey Guys -

I need some help on a RR Tribute Limited Edition Roundhorn Polka Dot V. The serial # is J6322. Anyone know how many of these were built and if they were numbered (eg: 75/200) on the back of the headstock? I think it's a 1995.

Thanks!

Matt
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

I'm not familiar with this run, but a similar one was recently listed in the classifieds with a serial number close to it. So likely it's from the same run:
    http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/136...ds-Roundhorn-V

Maybe this seller knows?
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I remember these being listed in the online catalogs from american musical and muscians friend. I don't remember anything on them being numbered.

Comment

Matt, I forget the exact number, but think it might've been 200 or 250. I don't believe they were numbered on the head stocks. I'm assuming this is the Floyd'd version.

Comment

Cool, thanks guys.
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I don't believe they're numbered on the back of the headstock either. But they did come with a RR book which a lot of the Polka Dot roundhorn V's seem to be missing these days when they come up for sale. All were Floyded as AFAIK.
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
              I don't believe they're numbered on the back of the headstock either. But they did come with a RR book which a lot of the Polka Dot roundhorn V's seem to be missing these days when they come up for sale. All were Floyded as AFAIK.
              I've seen at least one with a vtrem but that might have been a custom shop one off, I don't recall seeing a custom shop logo on it though.
              In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                I've seen at least one with a vtrem but that might have been a custom shop one off, I don't recall seeing a custom shop logo on it though.
                Not all custom shops say so on the headstock. If it was a one off the customer could have specified it not be placed on there or could even have it put on the back. Of course, its possible they made some V-Trem versions but I'm thinking the original run of those polkadot roundhorn V's from around 1996 were Floyds.
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

I've been told there were 150 of these built, most of which had Floyds but there were a handful that got V-trems.

Comment

Working...
                  X