bad knob placement......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad knob placement......

The Music Zoo is a world renowned online guitar store with a deep selection of acoustic guitars, electric guitars, & bass guitars in-stock. Buy guitar amplifiers, effects pedals, guitar pickups, guitar accessories, and guitar parts online now. Authorized dealer for Gibson, Fender, Martin, PRS, Yamaha & Taylor Guitars.

Compared to a normal Jackson, that's better placement.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Damn. 6300 bucks.. getting crazy up in here!

Comment

It's much better than a KV or RR with that 2nd volume jammed right on top of the toggle switch.

Comment

That thing looks great... wait, there something wrong. An extra string? I'm going to New York in the fall and I'm definitely heading out to the Music Zoo! Still kicking myself for not buying that Broderick sig. (one of the first) they had the last time I was there. Signed by Chris two days before I got there even.

Comment

Nothing wrong with that guitar, other than the fact that it's demon.
            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I'm not much of a 7 string guy but that Demon looks fantastic! I also happen to like Jackson's volume knob placement as it works really well for volume swells. On a Rhoads body style I prefer to reverse the two volume knobs so that the front one actually controls the bridge pickup and the rear one controls the neck pickup.
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Compared to a normal Jackson, that's better placement.
                this

Comment

I just cannot imagine doing Danny Gatton-style volume swells on a Jackson. I'm not a Metal Snob, but I just can't see it being done.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I don't know if Knob means the same in the U.S. as it does in the U.K...but , well lets just say I thought this was one of 'smakers threads....

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
                      I don't know if Knob means the same in the U.S. as it does in the U.K...but , well lets just say I thought this was one of 'smakers threads....

Back on topic, normally i would agree but since this it's recessed it probably isn't as intrusive as you would think.
                      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I so wish all my Jackson/Charvels had that knob placement.
                        As of now it's only my CS Soloist that has the volume knob placed out of the way,
                        all others has the shitty standard placement, right under the bridge pup...to close to my right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by snowblind56 View Post
                          It's much better than a KV or RR with that 2nd volume jammed right on top of the toggle switch.
                          Yeah man my KV2's second knob does nothing but get in the toggle switches way!. Especially when you're on the neck position. It's a major fail by Jackson. Such a bad design flaw.
                          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

That's a 7 string and actually a good position.

This is the knob placement many people complain about:

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yeah, that's the Danny Gatton placement. Dead-center of the bridge pickup's height screw. Right where my pinky rides. I swear I'll never understand why they still put it there.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X