No announcement yet.

bad knob placement......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I told you guys already, they put that volume knob close to the bridge pickup because that's how I like it
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      Yeah, that's the Danny Gatton placement. Dead-center of the bridge pickup's height screw. Right where my pinky rides. I swear I'll never understand why they still put it there.
      The exact reason I dont have skeletons ball anymore. Loved the guitar couldnt play the motherfucker
      Haters gonna hate
      Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

It is a really easy fix to keep from turning it down yanno.
        Simply remove the knob, put a few rubber O-rings over the pot stem, and put the knob back on and tighten the set screw.(pushing down on the knob with some force to compress the O-rings).
        The sponginess of the rubber O-rings will allow keep the knob in place because it is decompressing against both the bottom of the knob and the body of the guitar, yet still allows you to adjust the volume at any time you want.
        Did this to my Charvel Model 5FX years ago and have not ever complained about lowering the volume inadvertantly again.
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

I tried a plethora and its just in my way or "was". Trust me when I say I just couldnt adjust. And the weird thing is this was the ONLY one I have ever had that issue with. I think it was slightly different than others but i really dont know. i gave that thing away and put money into something else just due to agitation lol.
          Haters gonna hate
          Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
            I told you guys already, they put that volume knob close to the bridge pickup because that's how I like it
            I don't mind that placement, either, but I fan my fingers out like George Lynch so they go right above it. Most people seem to complain about it, though.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X