X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guitar Day: Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames

Jackson KV2T by Venomboy, on Flickr

Jackson KV2T by Venomboy, on Flickr

I've been wanting one of these for years. Finally got one. Great condition, not brand new but still sweet.

This is my first Duncan equipped guitar (JB and 59 I think). I'm not in love with the pickups, but I don't hate them. They're pretty even sounding, no spikes in any area. Not quite as clear as some of my DiMarzio or Bill Lawrence equipped guitars. Jumbo frets, nice neck. Thicker than most Jacksons but not a baseball bat at all. It's very light and very well balanced. I'm surprised at just how small the body is. This is not a big guitar. The Sperzel tuners are great and I think the pearl buttons complement the abalone inlays nicely.

I might try some EMG X Series in here or DiMarzio Crunch Lab and Liquifire but am in no hurry.

If I had to give one criticism, its that I wish the bridge was a tad farther back but I guess the whole guitar design would have to change for that.

Congrats, very cool grab.

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
    I'm surprised at just how small the body is. This is not a big guitar.
    I thought the same thing when I got my King V. It feels tiny to me.

Comment

Nice!! The kv2t and sls are my favorite jackson models, you have a very nice guitar right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
        Congrats, very cool grab.

I thought the same thing when I got my King V. It feels tiny to me.
        But the case is frikken HUGE!
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Yes the case is massive. Thinking of getting one of the new smaller V cases.

Comment

Guess I got lucky, I have one of the new smaller V cases.

Comment

Congrats! Love that graphic on a V.

Comment

Very nice! Is that a rare older one with 25.5" scale or the regular 24.75" scale?
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice score! I recently picked up a KV2t also. It's lighter than my KV2's & RR1's for sure & yeah the neck is a bit fatter. Looks cool with the BGF graphic too!! Enjoy it!!

Comment

sigpic
                    Action Jackson

Comment

Super awesome bro congrats and great paint job too!!! Happy new guitar day!!!! My KV2 case is big enough to fit a dead body in it! At least that's what my buddy says.
                      Last edited by leftykingv2; 03-04-2013, 06:37 PM.
                      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I'll measure the scale length tonight and let you all know.

It's a light guitar. The Jackson website says mahogany neck and body.

Comment

The Duncans you have there are fairly mundane. I prefer either a Custom or Full Shred in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck.

To me, the JB sounds too boring and the 59 is just mud for anything.

I thought all KV2Ts were 24 3/4"? To be honest, that put me off buying one really.
                          Last edited by JonSick; 03-05-2013, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JonSick View Post
                            I thought all KV2Ts were 24 3/4"? To be honest, that put me off buying one really.
                            Most are, but the first ones were 25 1/2". If I remember correctly, only about a dozen or two were made before they switched to 24 3/4". I could be very wrong on that, but that's what I remember hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                              Most are, but the first ones were 25 1/2". If I remember correctly, only about a dozen or two were made before they switched to 24 3/4". I could be very wrong on that, but that's what I remember hearing.
                              Yes, I believe the first dozen got the longer scale and were "incorrect" as they were always meant to be short scale.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X