Please help me judging the value of this '99 CS Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neilli View Post
    I doubt that Mike - have you seen how much a new PC1 is selling for? That Soloist isn't special enough to generate a high price IMO..
    OTOH a non-Strat head PC1 on the used market isn't going to fetch much more either. Yeah they're expensive new but used they drop in price too. And the non-Strat head ones are not as popular due to the ugly headstocks. Great guitars, but ugly head stock hurts them. I'd still go CS Soloist assuming both are equivalent in condition.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Oh absolutely. I just meant that Mike had said "get a new PC1" and selling the Soloist ain't gonna get 2500..
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I honestly can't believe ANYBODY buys Jackson USA Select guitars new. The new prices of both PC1s and SL2Hs are ridiculously high compared to what they sell for on the used market.

Comment

in a millisecond...
          USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
          USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

Oh absolutely. I just meant that Mike had said "get a new PC1" and selling the Soloist ain't gonna get 2500..
            Ah, I see.
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

What is that color on the Soloist called? Anyone?

And I'd do that trade. Reverse head ftw.

Comment

Oh, I didn't mean a brand new one, I just meant a new one to him. Used non-strathead PC1's aren't going for a whole lot. That CS piece would sell for more than a used non-strathead PC1.

New Jacksons are a money loser. If you're gonna buy one, make sure you're gonna like it or you're gonna take a $1000 hit right off the bat. Like my new CS Charvel. I was happy with what I paid, $2400-ish, but I doubt I'd be able to get much more than $1400 used for it. I bought it cause I liked the features, and I'm glad I bought it. It's amazing. But I knew when I bought it that if I didn't like it, I could return it.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Went to give the Soloist a try, brought my PC1 as well and the conclusion was that I wouldn't trade my PC1 for that one. It's a good guitar but had some wear 'n tear I didn't like (scratches on the back side) and - might be the problem of the unusual pickups - I didn't feel that vibe which my Phil Collen definitely has.

Comment

If you don't like the middle pickup, and it won't go all the way down, take it out, then take the cover off another pickup, (like a single coil). Then cut it and make it fit so it's flush with the body. I did that with my B.C. Rich since it had the same problem.

Comment

Had the same thoughts, but I do like the neck-mid pickup combination, so I'll have to get used to it PC1's are great guitars IMHO despite the middle pickup, I'm thinking about getting one in a Chlorine finish in the future.

Comment

Working...
                      X