Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there different shades/variations of "PLATINUM PINK"...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there different shades/variations of "PLATINUM PINK"...?

Not sure if its just camera/lighting at times, or if different eras changed the paint formula, but it just seems like Jackson's "Platinum Pink" color seems to look drastically different in so many photos I see...
    There was a pink soloist this year at NAMM that (from photos) seemed a bit darker than usual (sadly I missed seeing this one at NAMM in person somehow, so I can't judge if the photo was accurate), and yet there's a pink SLH2-V Up on eBay in pink that looks lighter than that one made in the same year...did anyone see the soloist at NAMM I'm referring too...? Top pic is the NAMM, bottom pic is the Music Zoo SL2H-V. Anyone have any insight? And then older ones I've seen have looked way lighter than both of these...
    Please feel free to post photos of your own too just to compare...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by WYLDCHYLD; 03-05-2013, 02:24 PM.

I have no idea, but I took a stab on it and ordered my Custom Select in Platinum Pink.

Comment

not exactly sure how much the color varied but i know its hard to photograph. there is a good amount of pearl in the color an it does appear lighter and darker based on how the light hits it.
      the top by the heal is what it looks like MOST of the time, but you can see how much it varies in just that one pic.

Comment

Do a google search. I think its a Fender color. I have been able to find what most of the colors look like that way
        H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

I've seen all kinds of different shades of pink on Jackson/Charvel over the years. I'm not sure if they were all considered platnium pink? Sorry no pics.

Comment

I was going to say the SL2H-V pic looks pretty representative of how platinum pink usually looks, but in comparison to my guitar it looks quite orangey. This is my '85 and it's obvious how much affect the lighting has on the same guitar...

Last edited by neilli; 03-05-2013, 09:46 PM.
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

The same paint color varies for a number of different reasons. That's why auto body shops have to blend.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Also keep in mind that Jackson's booth at NAMM is pretty dimly lit. I usually have to hit the guitars with a lot of flash to get them to show up. I did take some video of the guitars which I have not posted yet. The video is without flash but again, keep in mind that whole dimly lit thing. They do have lights there but it's not lit up the same as other manufacturers. That can change the colors too.
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

My platinum pink has an undercoat of platinum, which might be the reason it looks different from other pinks.......

Comment

Yeah, you have to take everything into consideration... what was the undercoat, the color coat, the clear pearl, the amount of thinner used, how it was shot, has it been exposed to a lot of sun, how thick the coats were, different brand of paints, etc...
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Ian I'm pretty sure ur guitars is the same color as mine. Mine has good amount of plat pearl on it. In lower light its pink the brighter the light the more it sparkles.

I've got a red w/blue pearl soloist it's the same way. You can barely tell unless its well lit or outside.
                      Last edited by j2379; 03-07-2013, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X