Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with ID please :) "Jackson Soloist Archtop" bolt on ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with ID please :) "Jackson Soloist Archtop" bolt on ?

Saw this on Kijiji. Did not know Jackson made a bolt on USA Dinky archtop ? Reads USA on headstock. Something look off ....

Any ideas ? Seller says serial is 9796237

Cheers.

Thx. See below:

It could be a Custom Shop, what's the serial number, do you have pics of the neck plate? There were bolt on arch tops in the mid 90's but they had the 3x3 headstocks and none had Floyds, either fixed bridge or Wilkinson. I'm not so sure that's even an archtop though, the volume and switch controls are not recessed. Might just be a Dinky, get the serial number, looks like a nice guitar.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Thank you. Seller says serial is 9796237

Comment

That number is NOT a USA Jackson, steer away from the guitar.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Import DK2M neck + USA decal + Import DKMG body.

Comment

Thanks guys. I knew something looked fishy.

Comment

I have one of those DK2M necks with the added Made in USA decal. I really wish that guy on Ebay would not do that simply because of dickheads like this who try to pass it off as a USA. Fortunately the Ebay decal guy doesn't state it's a USA neck, and doesn't try to inflate the price to make it seem so.

However, it's out of his hands what people do with them, including fucktard shit like this.

Report the listing as attempt to defraud. Get the cops on his ass, and see if they trace it back to the first douche who passed it off as legit.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Nut blocks are on sideways
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The description also says " Original Floyd Rose Tremelo" and all I see is Floyd Rose. No "Original" mark.
                  This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

"sorry no case"

For a guitar he wants $1,200 for, photographed in a case? Cheap shady fucker wants to screw every dime out of you.
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                      The description also says " Original Floyd Rose Tremelo" and all I see is Floyd Rose. No "Original" mark.
                      Not all OFRs say 'Original' on them (most don't), but that is an original Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                        Not all OFRs say 'Original' on them (most don't), but that is an original Floyd.
                        I always thought the Floyd Rose trems that just say Floyd Rose predate the floyd rose trems that say original. My old 1986 Kramer Stagemaster deluxe has a trem that just says floyd rose on it and I do believe the ones that say original are a different model of floyd than the ones that just say floyd. Predate like I said.
                        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                          I always thought the Floyd Rose trems that just say Floyd Rose predate the floyd rose trems that say original. My old 1986 Kramer Stagemaster deluxe has a trem that just says floyd rose on it and I do believe the ones that say original are a different model of floyd than the ones that just say floyd. Predate like I said.
                          They only said Original for a short period of time. At first they only said Floyd Rose, and presently they only say Floyd Rose again. I think they said Original for a while in the late 80s, early 90s. Not sure on the date, but they stopped, and now they only say Floyd Rose (and have for quite some time). They are the same model Floyd, not different. I believe the Original stamp was put there to differentiate it from copies, but it is definitely the same model as the one that just says Floyd Rose.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                            They only said Original for a short period of time. At first they only said Floyd Rose, and presently they only say Floyd Rose again. I think they said Original for a while in the late 80s, early 90s. Not sure on the date, but they stopped, and now they only say Floyd Rose (and have for quite some time). They are the same model Floyd, not different. I believe the Original stamp was put there to differentiate it from copies, but it is definitely the same model as the one that just says Floyd Rose.
                            That's strange because I bought a brand new lefty KV2 and it's a USA select and it was built in june 2012 and the trem says on it plain as day Floyd Rose Original.

Comment

Not that strange. Just cause they were stamped original years ago, doesnt mean they were all used then.

Comment

Working...
                              X