Bolt on usa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt on usa

A friend of mine is telling me he saw a pinkish purple bolt on USA made jackson at a local pawn shop,it had the roundish charvel strat style body.
    After some research i read that while the model series from charvel were being made in japan some of them were also being made here,so it could basically be a usa made charvel. Im going to look at it tomorrow so ill have picks and a serial. Any info on these?

Sounds like an 80's Jackson strat to me. There's not really that much to say beyond what you'll be able to see for yourself, but they can usually be had for great prices.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Full sized strat bodied USA Jacksons were made before and during the model series Charvels that came out of Japan.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Were the usa bolt ons good guitars?

Comment

Yes.
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Does a bear shit in the woods?

A normal price would be $500 going up from there depending on features.

Comment

What makes your friend think it's made in the USA? Does it have it on the headstock? If it is made here then great but honestly, the Japan made Jacksons that I've experienced have been great as well, with quality above many other brands no matter where they were made. If it does turn out to be made in the USA and the price is good, grab it. Even if it does turn out to be a Japan made one, negotiate the price and still grab it. You won't be disappointed.
              In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by superev1l View Post
                AIm going to look at it tomorrow so ill have picks and a serial. Any info on these?
                It's 2 days later, and we don't care about picks, but what about the pics? And ser # ?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

86-89 USA bolt on super strats are killer guitars no question.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                  X