Need help with serial number on SL-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with serial number on SL-1

I have a nice cherry burst sl-1 with serial "u 14574".
    Can anyone tell me what year it was made?
    thanks
    Don't drink & drive if you can smoke & fly!!!

My best guess would be 2003-2004ish.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I have U14804 that was built in Nov 04
      I have U16092 that was built in Oct 05

Using monthly averages (which obviously aren't accurate) yours would be a 2004.

Member Johnnyryche has a killer list of USA production serial #s. Hopefully he will offer some better info...

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
        Member Johnnyryche has a killer list of USA production serial #s. Hopefully he will offer some better info...
        Thanks for the compliment. Based on my log, I show another soloist that has a serial # about 30 after yours and that had a completion date of October 22, 2004. So my best guess is early October 2004 for your cherryburst.

Comment

thanks everybody.
          must admit that it's a very successful guitar:
          1. the guitar is not too heavy or too light - right the perfect weight and balance with the neck
          2. excellent unplugged sound - the body is very resonant (when strumming different notes, the body gives back a lot of echo and overtones), and also the unplugged sound is strong and loud
          3. it has the thinnest neck i ever seen on a jackson - 19mm on 1st fret and 20mm on 12th. very comfortable and fast neck.

my previous 2000 SL-1 in black that i sold, was very heavy and unbalanced (like les paul), not resonant at all and with a baseball bat instead of a neck.
          my previous 1992 Soloist Pro in pearl white was a nice guitar - well balanced, with slim neck...but i felt it was a dead peace of wood - without any character, resonance and acoustic characteristics, just a dull sound.
          after i changed a lot of pickups on it, still i wasn't satisfied with the unplugged and plugged sound. maybe it was because of poplar wings, or the lack of maple top, i don't know

so now i'm very happy, not to mention a stunning boockmached flame maple top
          Last edited by goshac; 03-16-2013, 12:58 PM.

Comment

i'm also glad it's a 2004 because the fellow i bought the guitar from told me it's a 2007.
            the older=the better
            Last edited by goshac; 03-16-2013, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Pics
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

current pickups are: DiMarzio PafPro bridge (not on a pictures), DiMarzio YJM middle, DiMarzio Air Norton S Neck
                tone pot disconnected

i also added a big brass block (5/8" thickness) i've bought from KCG, it made the sound even more balsy and strong
                very recommended.
                here it is:

Last edited by goshac; 03-17-2013, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Woah that's a big ass block. How does it affect dives and pull-ups?
                  It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                  ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

It doesn't. 5/8" block gives me a free movement to both sides (on my particular guitar of course). I made measurements before I bought. I think that older Jacksons or charvels have a smaller cavity.
                    KGC make even 3/4" blocks, but these limit the movement for sure.
                    Last edited by goshac; 03-18-2013, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X