Thoughts on the Broderick Soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the Broderick Soloist?

Does anybody have any thoughts on the Broderick 6 string Soloist? I received one in the trans white finish recently and I believe it to be absolutely awesome other than a few minor flaws. I really don't like the control layout. Would anyone think it would degrade the guitar to have the controls set back to standard? I just don't like the toggle switch where the volume knob usually goes. Another downfall is the white pick-ups are to white for the quilted top, I want to swap them to black. They sorta stand out over the top. The quilted top is beautiful but has a tint of blue in it which takes away from the black/white theme which is my gig. Another thing that I believe took any from the guitars awesomeness is the quilted binding. A solid black binding would have defintely been sweeter. With all that said... I did find after playing it though, it made my CS soloists feel like Squiers strats or something. It is defintely in a league of its own.
    I like black and white guitars

pics pics pics!!!
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

Find some here.... http://s1326.beta.photobucket.com/us...ibrary/?page=0

Comment

let me help you bro....

sigpic
        Action Jackson

Comment

Hell yeah, how you do that man?

Comment

Everything you are talking about is totally reversible later on. I would do what makes you happy and sounds best. Nice Guitar!!!!

Comment

Been thinking about getting one of these myself
              USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
              USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                Everything you are talking about is totally reversible later on. I would do what makes you happy and sounds best. Nice Guitar!!!!
                +1. That guitar is sweet! Though, I do actually like the selector switch where it is.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I agree about the pickups being too white, and I think it'll look sweet with black pickups. You can just change them back if you want to anyway, so no problem there. I tried one of these (one of the first, black/brown-ish, at TMZ, signed by Broderick on the back of the headstock). Still kicking myself for not buying it. For some reason, I decided I was going to prove my character to myself by walking out without it!

Comment

Would the pick-ups be considered f-spaced? On the spec sheet it says direct mount, is that same as f-spaced? I would like to replace them with the same that is in her now but just black. I was told to paint them but I consider that to be a bad idea myself.
                    Last edited by walshula; 03-18-2013, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Direct mount means they're mounted directly into the body with no rings around them. F-spacing refers to the pole piece string spacing for a Floyd.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for that info toejam. So should I be able to use pretty much any standard pick-up then? I would like to swap them out for the same but black but can't even seem to find them for sale anywhere? Anyone have a set they would consider selling/trading?

Comment

The routing on the cavity pretty much keeps you in the Dimarzio world. Unless you can get someone to alter the base plates on their pickups, or have the route made universal.
                          An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                          A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Thanks for that info also holycross1. I will use that knowledge when replacing them. I like the sound they have but they over power the top with their whiteness. I would prefer the top just be solid white and leave the pick-ups alone but that is more complicated than it is worth in a way. I am not sold on the quilted top all that much. It has to much blue in it and the quilted binding turns me off too but that is all cosmetic. i believe changing the pick-ups to black, providing they sound as good as the ones in her now, may change my mind on the quilted top. The off white with blue tint just fights the whiteness of the pick-ups. So does anyone have any pick-ups that may be equivalent they would willing to sell or recommend?

Comment

Controls are in the perfect position IMO.
                              www.vvforums.com

Comment

Working...
                              X