PC1 Neck Pup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC1 Neck Pup

So, I'm taking the sustainer out of my PC1. For the guys who've done this, what pickup do you have in the neck position and how does it sound?

I just gutted my old Chlorine PC1 and installed a Hot Rails in the neck. Lowered it a bit and am quite pleased with the tones that I'm getting. For what its worth I installed a JB in the bridge and as much as I love the sustainer units. this guitar just came "alive" since that mod.

Good luck!

Comment

Ideally, Id like a slightly dark pup w/ a vintage top end for clean/ funk and screaming lead tones, but it has to sound like a single coil, not a humbucker sized SC.

Comment

Here is my 1998 Chlorine as recently modded.

All new CTS pots and Switchcraft gear too.

The two mini switches came from Stew Mac and are just there to fill the holes. I suppose that I could have done the whole coil tap, phase crap, but I had enough time convincing myself to even wire the damm tone knob.

Thats another reason why I like the old two knob PC1's - Its not all cluttered up like the new ones!

I guess I like things simple no? LOL!

This guitar has really come alive without the sustainer unit!

The JB sounds killer in a mahogany body with maple top IMHO.

The Hot Rails is not nearly as "over the top" as I thought it might be. Its not at all removed from a classic Strat single coil tone without the hum and has plenty of juice as well.

Last edited by vklobucar; 03-24-2013, 09:09 AM.

Comment

...I mean, I like the sustainer, but the neck PU is seriously lacking EVERYTHING. I'd miss the sustainer if I was out of the guitar, but I think it might be the best thing to do.

Comment

i have gutted mine, and it WAS the best thing I did for the guitar. I have a dimarzio area 67 in the neck of mine, and it is killer.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I put a DiMarzio BC-1 in the neck on mine. It's great for soloing.
              ---RCM78
              >>>I'm Fucking Rich!!!<<<

Comment

Originally posted by RCM78 View Post
                I put a DiMarzio BC-1 in the neck on mine. It's great for soloing.
                & what do you have in the bridge?
                Don't drink & drive if you can smoke & fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by goshac View Post
                  & what do you have in the bridge?
                  DiMarzio 36th Ann PAF. Sounds great. If you want more output an AT-1 will also work great.
                  ---RCM78
                  >>>I'm Fucking Rich!!!<<<

Comment

I'm torn between a Dimarzio Air Norton S & a HS4 (the new name for the Yngwie pickup)

Comment

Working...
                    X