NGD: Jackson USA Broderick Sig.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Jackson USA Broderick Sig.

I've been wanting one these monsters since the first day I saw one. I got to play one in my local GC (which usually has only import junk) of all places about a month ago, and then I knew I had to have one... Oh yes it would be mine. The only thing holding me back when I first saw these when they were released were 2 things. 1) The crappy quilted tops... and 2) The more brown than black fretboards. Well when I found this bad-boy with the dark ebony board, and primo AAA quilted maple top, I had to have it. Lock the door, turn on Symphony of Destruction, grab the hand-cream and tissues... Here's the pronz:

This is a well thought out and well executed player's guitar. The recessed controls, low profile Original Floyd Rose Pro (made in Germany), side recessed input jack, speed body cuts on each side of the neck, 24 Jumbo stainless steel frets, 12" radius neck (305 mm), kill switch, and the killer sounding DiMarzio Broderick modified D-Activator pickups... this axe is made to slay. And it does. The mahogany body gives it a darker, warmer thicker tone most will immediately notice compared to most other Jackson USA offerings. The guitar is also pretty heavy... close to Les Paul weight... I haven't weighed it yet... but I'm guessing around 9 lbs. The offset body shape and location of the strap pins, just automatically make the guitar hang in the perfect slant. The neck is more rounded in a small D shape (similar to a ESP Horizon II), compared to the flat shred-friendly profile found on most USA Soloists, like the SL1/SL2H. I'm a big Soloist fan, but this guitar is a welcome departure, and makes all the right moves in all the right directions. I've owned a bunch of guitars from Jackson, PRS, Ibanez, ESP, Suhr, Anderson, Gibson, EBMM, and others... and right out of the box, this is pretty much my ideal creation. Tone + Function = Epic Winz. Well done Mr. Broderick. You are the master.

very nice. Surprisingly, the headstock works really well with that body. IMHO 3 aside h/s don't always work with offset s-bodies. Can't imagine that with a regular Jackson pointy
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice top.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I must agree on your description of the Broderick, i received a trans white afew weeks back and believe it make my Custom Shops feel like child's play. The trans white has a few cosmetic issues I would like to change, like the pick-ups and I would prefer the toggle switch in the middle but like you tone + functionality = the beast of guitars! Congrats on your Broderick
        I like black and white guitars

Comment

I love the masked natural binding.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I weighed mine and it tops out at 10.2 lbs It is the heaviest guitar I now own as of now.

Comment

The pics apparently don't show a very black fretboard - maybe it's the flash? Congrats though!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                The pics apparently don't show a very black fretboard - maybe it's the flash? Congrats though!
                Yeah... It has to be the flash. The 6th & 7th pics give the most realistic color. I had to use a lot of flash to get the top to show... It's also much darker in person.

Comment

Nice score!! Congrats!!
                  Gear

Jackson KV2 Blue Ghost Flames
                  Jackson DK1 Lightning Sky

http://youtu.be/QgffP2mRU5w
                  http://youtu.be/WYEEje1M3hQ
                  http://youtu.be/UfhVSt5LtrI

Comment

Very nice bro...she looks comfortable
                    Hear the universe scream
                    Bleeding from black holes
                    Whom horns careless
                    And whom God mourns

Comment

What an outstanding guitar! It is a toss up for me between the finish you have and the red finish. The white one is just butt ugly - and I typically like white guitars a lot. I agree it is a well thought out guitar. I even like the fact that, for a signature guitar, it has the signature on the truss rod cover, which is removable/replaceable. I am just not too keen on signature guitars, but being able to remove the name makes that a non issue with this guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Rock View Post
                        What an outstanding guitar! It is a toss up for me between the finish you have and the red finish. The white one is just butt ugly - and I typically like white guitars a lot. I agree it is a well thought out guitar. I even like the fact that, for a signature guitar, it has the signature on the truss rod cover, which is removable/replaceable. I am just not too keen on signature guitars, but being able to remove the name makes that a non issue with this guitar.
                        Yeah... I've have seen and played a couple of killer trans-red ones too. That would be my 2nd choice.

Comment

I just weighed my Broderick and it was 8 lbs. 13 oz. on my digital shipping scale. I guess I was pretty close with my 9 lb. estimate. Definitely in the Les Paul weight class. I prefer somewhat heavy guitars in the 8.5 to 10 lb range usually.

Also of somewhat special note... my dealer told me Chris is really particular about the staining process of the tops on these guitars. He makes Jackson send the quilted maple tops out to some guy in California to stain the quilt tops on the trans-black, trans-red, trans-white models. Then he sends the stained tops back to Jackson. Jackson doesn't stain these tops in-house like they do with almost every other guitar they make. This process really slows production down and is a big reason why there was a production lag on these. But the final result is totally worth it. Trust me.

Comment

That's beautiful! Congrats.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That is strange that yours and mine are almost a pound and half different. My weighs 10 lbs 4 ounces. Only thing I changed was the truss rod cover to a blank one and changed the strap locks to Schaller. I don't know, there is so many inconsistencies in Jacksons guitars it is hard telling. Anyway it is one sweet guitar and congrats on yours!!!
                              Last edited by walshula; 04-04-2013, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X