NGD Ebay Gold... USA Jackson Kelly for $500, my first Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Ebay Gold... USA Jackson Kelly for $500, my first Jackson

I have been looking for a Kelly for a while trying to find the right one for the right price. I came across this last week on Ebay. And with a Last second snipe got it for $515!!!! It had some damage that was repaired (quite I might add) but didn't really go the extra mile to make it invisible. Now I like guitars with scars so I don't mind the marks. Except for the one over the Jackson Logo which I will fix and I will fix the back horn. It is a late 2002 (thanks for the help dating it ) . Has a JB and Jazz in the neck and a Real Floyd. But with out further ado my first Jackson!

Nice...a $500 Kelly! How's she feel/play/sound?
    Hear the universe scream
    Bleeding from black holes
    Whom horns careless
    And whom God mourns

Comment

Great grab. Congratulations!!!
      I like black and white guitars

Comment

Originally posted by paulbag View Post
        Nice...a $500 Kelly! How's she feel/play/sound?
        I just got to open it up last night after getting home from work/ hockey so i have not had a chance to plug it in to an amp yet. But first impressions are great. Has a nice bright responsive sound. Good natural harmonics and a very comfortable neck. I surprised they shipped it tuned, but all the way from Montana and it was in tune when i got it. Very Impressed

Comment

Great deal! congrats!
          Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Wow! A $500 USA Kelly is an incredible deal! Congrats! I'm not surprised it was in tune. The Jackson CUstom Shops and USA guitars I've bought new over the years were shipped in tune by Jackson
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Congrats! Nice score.

Comment

Awesome deal, great guitars, enjoy!!!!
                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Get out the old Megadeth tabs!!!

sigpic
                  Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                    Wow! A $500 USA Kelly is an incredible deal! Congrats! I'm not surprised it was in tune. The Jackson CUstom Shops and USA guitars I've bought new over the years were shipped in tune by Jackson
                    Yeah, we need a Mythbusters episode on that. I remember always being told to take the tension off the neck, but every new guitar I buy has always been shipped tuned up.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
                      Yeah, we need a Mythbusters episode on that. I remember always being told to take the tension off the neck, but every new guitar I buy has always been shipped tuned up.
                      I agree on the Mythbusters!

I think the science is solid about the tension in shipping causes possible headstock breaks. But I think the manufactures and music stores would rather risk it that having to detune the guitars after final check. Then the music store having to re-tune completely on delivery. Although based on some guitars I have played at music stores i don't think they get tuned there either way

Comment

That's mostly for acoustics, imo, to reduce tension pulling against the top. Electrics can be shipped in tune just fine, so long as the recipient doesn't go dicking with the neck as soon as it arrives. Let it acclimate for a day or two, then adjust the neck if it needs it.

Shipping damage occurs from poor packing and being dropped 10 feet off a conveyor by someone who's being yelled at to go faster, because a multi-billion-dollar industry can't take a few seconds to be careful - the rich might be homeless if they did.
                        As well, production cases are not as snug as custom cases, so there's a bit of slack on the inside. As well, the case lid pins the guitar against the bottom, so you have tension being applied to the wood.
                        Last edited by Newc; 03-29-2013, 03:23 PM.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That's a cool deal! Nice score!
                          Gear

Jackson KV2 Blue Ghost Flames
                          Jackson DK1 Lightning Sky

http://youtu.be/QgffP2mRU5w
                          http://youtu.be/WYEEje1M3hQ
                          http://youtu.be/UfhVSt5LtrI

Comment

Unlucky on his part, good for you. Last time I one of those TBK KE2's for sale, it was in similar condition and a LOT more money.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'm surprised another jcf member didn't snag that. Congrats on the killer deal!
                              Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                              Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Working...
                              X