Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD!!!! Jackson PC1 for under a grand!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD!!!! Jackson PC1 for under a grand!!!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/130885684874?...#ht_500wt_1156

I had kept my eye on this one and used esnipe to put in a bid. It was relisted due to a non paying bidder from the last auction and it was my lucky day this time!

Scored it for a grand total of $960.00

I am actually very partial to those older 1st generation PC1's with the two knob layout. Sure there are a few nicks but I'm not complaining.

Nice score!

Looks like a transition guitar.
    2000 was the last year of the two knob PC and the quilted fretboard.
    2001 got a flame neck and the tone knob.
    Looks like this one was right in the middle. Two knobs, but a flame maple neck.
    -Rick

Comment

Thanks Rick!

I actually prefer those older one to even the new Strat headstock versions. Not that they are better but just different.

Reminds me of seeing Phil's original versions around 1997 while on tour and at soundcheck. Those are the ones that I lusted after some 15 years ago.

Comment

We got a 1996 PC1 (first year) in our store and I fell in love with this guitar.
        Couldn't afford it at the time, but I would love to find a 96-97 Au Natural.
        -Rick

Comment

Beautiful quilt top on that one and - especially - the superior dye finish. Really makes the figuring pop out. Congrats.

Comment

Sweet!!
            this is one of the only guitars out there that I have not owned yet, but have on my radar.
            congrats!
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Yeah, that's a great looker! Now you just have to see if he'll ship out of the US
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Yes he will ship to Canada thank goodness!!!

I cleared that with the seller before bidding.

Looking forward to yet another PC1

Comment

Well done. That is a great buy considering new price is $3k. Floyd has some cosmetic wear but a new Floyd is not that expensive. Get a 32mm big brass block and titanium inserts from Floyd Upgrades.

I recently had to buy screws for the back plate of my PC-1 and was recommended by this forum to try

http://www.fretsonthenet.com/

I bought screws for in black and gold for the PC-1 as well as others and some spares. I ended up using the gold ones on the PC-1 and the black ones fitted the PRS perfectly. Shipping was fast. Good Luck

.P1030391.jpg
                  Last edited by SydneyPC-1; 04-16-2013, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the compliment!

Already ahead of you in regards to the Brass Big Block from FU-Tone too! I have a couple of spare ones lying around and truth be told ALL of my Floyd equiped guitars have that mod.

Here is my other newer Solar PC1 as shot from the back.

As you can probably tell they are strung up with pretty heavy strings (13-56) and I never use backplates. I seem to have a drawer full of them from various guitars! LOL!

Last edited by vklobucar; 04-16-2013, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Congrats on the score!

Comment

awesome score there. I would just clean that one up a little and play the hell out of it.

Makes me want one just like it since mine is a bit "too perfect". I'm always nervous about getting it banged up.

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
                          Thanks for the compliment!

Already ahead of you in regards to the Brass Big Block from FU-Tone too! I have a couple of spare ones lying around and truth be told ALL of my Floyd equiped guitars have that mod.

Here is my other newer Solar PC1 as shot from the back.

As you can probably tell they are strung up with pretty heavy strings (13-56) and I never use backplates. I seem to have a drawer full of them from various guitars! LOL!

13-56. That is what Phil uses. I believe. I find with a full floating floyd it is so much easier to bend strings. I too had no backplates on any guitars. It is only because I am selling one that I decided to put them on. I know what you mean about too perfect. A more "played" PC-1 would be a great asset. Do you have pics of your other PC-1.

Comment

Here ya go....

My Euphoria last summer at soundcheck just before Phil signed it.

My PC1 collection as of last summer. The Euphoria is gone but the other two I still own and my latest Solar is in the post!

Last edited by vklobucar; 04-18-2013, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X