Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How collectible will the Pablo Santana extream guitars be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How collectible will the Pablo Santana extream guitars be?

Is there a series to compare them to?
    2009 black sl1 usa
    fire crackle 3dr dead mint(flawless!!)
    Burgundy mist model 3
    black model 1 emg
    black model 3 h/s/s
    2005 pointy charvel
    2009 black rr1

I don't see them as having collectible potential outside of a SMALL number of people that like overly pointy metal guitars with a lot of money. they aren't attached to a particular player, genre/musical period. as far as a series to compare them to, there isn't one I can think of. they almost seem as if they are made randomly with whatever specs Pablo wants. my opinion is that they are bad investments.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I would put them on par with the Zoraxe, except missing any of the videogame connection to give them some collectible value.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

With the exception of very few guitars, most being logged artist guitars from the 80's, CS Jacksons aren't really collectible at all. As soon as you take delivery of a new one, you've already lost up to 50% of it's value. The average CS Jackson has lost value over the last 20 years by not having kept up with inflation.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yeah, I agree unless you get the specs just right i.e. to appeal to as wide an audience as Jacksons are ever likely to get. Plus with the Pablo 'Xtreme' guitars, they generally look godawful so they don't even appeal to most of the general Jackson fans...
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

As someone waiting on a Extreme Warrior order, I'll agree with the above. That shape spoke to me and I had to have it, but I realize I'm in the minority. More often than not, people refer to Pablo's crazy shapes as fugly.

This was my guitar before it failed inspection and had to be rebuilt

Last edited by MetalDaze; 04-28-2013, 11:02 PM.

Comment

With a few very rare exceptions most of the Pablo guitars are highly collectable during really cold winters.....
              as firewood.

Comment

well i get what you all are saying i thought they were all ugly but for some reason there is one on ebay right now that i cant quit looking at the non recesed floyd just sets it off to me,i am gassing bad over it but i would like to at least get my money back if i had to,this guitar is calling my name for some reason
                2009 black sl1 usa
                fire crackle 3dr dead mint(flawless!!)
                Burgundy mist model 3
                black model 1 emg
                black model 3 h/s/s
                2005 pointy charvel
                2009 black rr1

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                  lost up to 50% of it's value.
                  its value

C'mon, Mike!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Not a fan of these...reminds me of those Moser insect-like guitars...but, my Pablo built arch top Death Angel is STILL the shiznit
                    Hear the universe scream
                    Bleeding from black holes
                    Whom horns careless
                    And whom God mourns

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                      With the exception of very few guitars, most being logged artist guitars from the 80's, CS Jacksons aren't really collectible at all. As soon as you take delivery of a new one, you've already lost up to 50% of it's value. The average CS Jackson has lost value over the last 20 years by not having kept up with inflation.
                      You could extend this to nearly every guitar in existence. Unless you're getting the buy side right on a used piece of gear you're going to lose money buying new guitars for investments. Any return you do get as X points out is likely to be below the rate of inflation or flat to it.

Comment

I was surprised to see how much Hondo guitars are going, even the incredibly pointy "fugly" ones that we couldn't sell for love or money back in the day. The difference is they're $300-$600 not thousands.

Charvels and Jackson generally don't seem to be holding their value because so few people want to buy them and those that do want them on the cheap. I know I do.

Comment

Originally posted by djford View Post
                          well i get what you all are saying i thought they were all ugly but for some reason there is one on ebay right now that i cant quit looking at the non recesed floyd just sets it off to me,i am gassing bad over it but i would like to at least get my money back if i had to,this guitar is calling my name for some reason
                          Looking back at the title of thread, I would say yes, they will be somewhat collectable. I mean, they are certainly unique and there aren't gobs of them out there like a regular old RR1 or SL2H. I imagine the responses they get will be just as polarizing 20 years from now as today. Just realize that it's not an appreciating investment.

Comment

I think its going to depend on the individual guitar. Some of them are very tasteful and flow as designs. Some are rather bizarre and simply do not work. To me, the extreme Warrior is the coolest of the bunch. I always look at Jackson custom shops as the ultimate dream guitars. If there is something you really just gotta have and know for sure you will keep it for life, they're the thing to get. I have some that I think will hold their value quite well, but I have a few that are just crazy far out things that are probably more cool to me than anyone else on the planet.
                            Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                              You could extend this to nearly every guitar in existence. Unless you're getting the buy side right on a used piece of gear you're going to lose money buying new guitars for investments. Any return you do get as X points out is likely to be below the rate of inflation or flat to it.
                              Gibson LPs and PRS don't lose that kind of value. CS Fenders seem to hold their prices much better as well. Ibanez Jem and M8M's don't lose that kind of value and the regular production high end don't seem to suffer as badly as Jackson or Charvel either. Just saying...
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X