Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How collectible will the Pablo Santana extream guitars be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In general I think people who buy CS guitars want their specs; unless its an artist tribute. Don't think they'll do them anyway. That said it would be easier to unload a CS 1hum soloist compared to a Pablo.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
      As someone waiting on a Extreme Warrior order, I'll agree with the above. That shape spoke to me and I had to have it, but I realize I'm in the minority. More often than not, people refer to Pablo's crazy shapes as fugly.

This was my guitar before it failed inspection and had to be rebuilt

Sheesh, even the CS can't GTWGITS? How did it fail? Apart from being the wrong way round
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Screw you guys, I'm going to retire in the Bahamas if and when I sell my Doubleneck King V!!

Comment

I appreciate his work as more than just art for art's sake. Pablo's stuff isn't for everyone, and there are hits and misses for everyone, but he's trying shit. Not everything is going to be a winner, but he's contending, doing. That's what pushes the frontier out. We need people who aren't afraid to fuck up or fail.

So own his shit for that reason, if you're into it. He's a talented man and he's not afraid to try, not afraid to fail.

it took me sooooo long, too long, in life to recognize that the people who try shit and go from failure to failure are so much more special and fucking vital than people who just grind shit out.

Comment

Pablo's craftsmanship is awesome. His taste, not so much. Very cool guy though.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
              As someone waiting on a Extreme Warrior order, I'll agree with the above. That shape spoke to me and I had to have it, but I realize I'm in the minority. More often than not, people refer to Pablo's crazy shapes as fugly.

This was my guitar before it failed inspection and had to be rebuilt

Wow, I see what you mean

Comment

I'd love to know how that beauty failed? At least they failed it rather than let a flawed instrument leave the house!

IMO, you order a custom guitar because you want something that isn't otherwise available. Whatever personable attributes they may be, it's something you want.

When you buy a metal brand, be it Jackson, ESP, BC Rich, whatever, you're not considering resale value. You're looking forward to what an awesome brand new toy you have coming your way!

If you're worried about making money off it or resale values, go buy a VOS Gibson or something. I was amazed when my LP Custom sold for £750 more than I paid for it!

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                  Sheesh, even the CS can't GTWGITS? How did it fail? Apart from being the wrong way round
                  I was told it was a cosmetic issue that couldn't be fixed, but I didn't get any specific info.

Comment

Originally posted by JonSick View Post
                    I'd love to know how that beauty failed? At least they failed it rather than let a flawed instrument leave the house!

IMO, you order a custom guitar because you want something that isn't otherwise available. Whatever personable attributes they may be, it's something you want.

When you buy a metal brand, be it Jackson, ESP, BC Rich, whatever, you're not considering resale value. You're looking forward to what an awesome brand new toy you have coming your way!

If you're worried about making money off it or resale values, go buy a VOS Gibson or something. I was amazed when my LP Custom sold for £750 more than I paid for it!
                    l am not concerned on making money just haveing a hard time justifying selling a prs and sg standard to fund it
                    2009 black sl1 usa
                    fire crackle 3dr dead mint(flawless!!)
                    Burgundy mist model 3
                    black model 1 emg
                    black model 3 h/s/s
                    2005 pointy charvel
                    2009 black rr1

Comment

Working...
                    X