Is it ready YET?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it ready YET?

Have been a pinball of indecision over the last 6 months re: whether to move ahead with the Jackson custom shop Star. Right, Matt? Having finally said, " F-it! Full speed ahead!!" I am now champing at the bit to see any evidence of it's existence. Sadly, I'm reasonably sure that 13 months into it, they haven't even looked at the spec sheet let alone pulled the body blanks from the lumber pile. Taking delivery of my Hamer custom order Cali hasn't helped the situation, either.

Anyone have an idea of the time frame for building during the 2 year wait?

Usually the paperwork is processed for 723 days, and the build / paint / assembly is done in the last week..
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Either that or its done and still in shipping.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Neilli is spot on. We have had several pieces show up at our shop that had been ordered 2 years prior, but were overnighted to us and then put on "High priority Hot Nut" to be returned faster than paint can even dry. LOL!
        Diana Learn
        http://www.LearnAirbrush.com
        http://www.LearnGuitars.com
        http://www.MikeLearn.com

Comment

Its going around the world via blimp with no motor
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Swell. So, if you have no clue, why don't you just say that?

Comment

I'm a lousy clairvoyant
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

At 13 months, they've finally gotten around to printing out your work order. Not to begin the build, just to make sure the printer is still working. LOL

Comment

Thought maybe there was someone on here that had a CS Jackson delivered recently that might be able to offer some insight as to when they start banging on stuff with over-sized hammers and throwing it around the shop bepore wiring it up and slapping some tempera paint on it...

Comment

It takes 2 years for the paint to dry and the "jackson-mojo" to seep into the guitar. Besides, its a great test of patience!

Like one great person said - "good things always come to those who wait patiently".
                    Sam

Comment

[QUOTE=emperor_black;1567491

Like one great person said - "good things always come to those who wait patiently". [/QUOTE]

Yeah, think I read that on the tombstone of a hopeful organ donation recipient...

Comment

LOL if they just let ya pay 3$ a day on it it would be a great deal finance till its done lol
                        Haters gonna hate
                        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

The last custom Jackson I ordered, back in '88 took a little over two years and after that, I swore I wouldn't order another one. I just don't have the patience for that crap. Now I just find used Charvels and send them off to Mr. Learn for a custom treatment or I just buy a complete guitar from Mr. Learn.

Comment

its existence

no apostrophe for the possessive pronoun there
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                              Either that or its done and still in shipping.
                              IIRC, the War Angel's tag/box had a June or July date. I got it in November

But to be fair, Kotz did say they were still thinking about using it for NAMM. Just not sure if he meant Summer or the next January
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X