X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    its existence

no apostrophe for the possessive pronoun there

Falls squarely in the "I-don't-give-a-fuck" category, Racer...

Comment

Maybe they have already built the guitar, but it turned out so remarkable, with tone to die for, that played like magic, and such a truly outstanding guitar, that they decided to keep it, and are making you another one.

Last edited by Jacksons Rock; 05-16-2013, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
        Usually the paperwork is processed for 723 days, and the build / paint / assembly is done in the last week..
        The paperwork takes so long to process because it gets sent by snail-mail (yes, on the back of an actual snail).
        In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

You'll know when they start building... they'll email your dealer to confirm the specs one last time, at least that's what they did last time I tried to order a custom (besides the two I have in the oven right now).
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            You'll know when they start building... they'll email your dealer to confirm the specs one last time, at least that's what they did last time I tried to order a custom (besides the two I have in the oven right now).
            I won't unless Matt lets me know that they emailed him. Right, Matt?

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
              I also have 2 in the oven and I confirmed specs when I did a tour in March. I'm going on about 15 months now.....

Comment

ok, just for discussion, lets say one person started working on a guitar...ideally how long should it take for one guy to finish a guitar?...keeping in mind the material and quality that goes into one of these? A few days? A few weeks?
                Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                  ok, just for discussion, lets say one person started working on a guitar...ideally how long should it take for one guy to finish a guitar?...keeping in mind the material and quality that goes into one of these? A few days? A few weeks?
                  3-6 months. None of the guitars at Jackson are done one-at-a-time, start-to-finish by one single person. Each builder will work on a number of different guitars, from what I understand.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

If 1 person does nothing but focus on 1 guitar, you can do it in about 2 weeks. But that requires ignoring everything else and just focusing. Neal Moser did this for a Brian Hoffmann guitar a few years ago because he needed it for a tour. But most people and companies don't have the resources to work with that kind of focus on 1 instrument.

Comment

Hell, I'd settle for anyone working on my guitar at all!

Comment

When I ordered a custom guitar from Mike Learn, it took about 3 months from placing the order to getting it in my hands and he is a one man operation. Didn't bother me in the least. I understand that other higher priority jobs come in and take precedence. At least I was able to speak with the person actually building the guitar, work on the design with them, have my choice of woods by seeing pictures of the actual wood itself.

I don't think I'll ever order a custom Charvel or Jackson again because it's just not worth the wait to me and don't get me wrong, I love 'em to death (the guitars themselves).

Comment

You should have paid the $750 Skip to the Head of the Assembly Line upcharge
                          Jackson KV2
                          Jackson KE1T
                          Jackson KE1F
                          Jackson SL1

Comment

When I ordered my custom Carvin 7-string, it took 9 weeks from when I ordered until it arrived at my door.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                              You should have paid the $750 Skip to the Head of the Assembly Line upcharge
                              Is there really such a thing? The two year wait is the only reason I don't order from Jackson.

Comment

Yes. But, since everyone pays for the option, the queue is the same as it would be without the option anyway! LOL

(Kidding)

Comment

Working...
                                X