J4159 (aka Lumi) lands.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J4159 (aka Lumi) lands.

Also posted on ss.org and JGP, however for those that don't frequent said boards:

I had been hankering after another seven, but my other half threatened to emasculate me with a plastic spork as I never seemed to get on with them and they would end up being flipped. When the Broderick model was announced I priced one up but couldn't really justify it.

Anyhow for the longest time I've been wanting a white Soloist so was quite willing to drop the readies on a new SLSXMG (even spent extra getting some X series EMGs to drop in). Six months later and I was still waiting for them to be imported and ended up cancelling the order.

I then toyed with the idea of getting a new SLAT but remained sat on the fence, I felt something better was around the corner and the design really didn't do it for me. Lo and behold the Broderick Pro comes out and I'm just about ready to take the plunge when something rather extraordinary comes up on Evilbay UK......where my folks live the locals have a saying, "What's for yer won't go by yer." Roughly translated as, "Things that are meant to happen, will happen."

Anyhow on to the pics:

Oh noes a Gibson box, what treachery is this!

Things are looking up....

Meet Lumi....

Headstock....

Body closeup....

Binding....

Serial....

Hang tag....

First impressions, makes my Fusion feel lightweight, neck profile is of course more rounded than the "waffer-theeen" Professional but awesome nonetheless. The pic of the serial isn't the best as the 9 is difficult to make out but it is distinct in the flesh, I also though the colour was a candy white in the original pictures but in person it's a rather fetching frosty pearlescent white.

Nice!!! Wanna trade
    I like black and white guitars

Comment

Sweet man I love white soloists with the matching headstock. Looks killer and classy all in one.
      Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Maybe I missed it - why Lumi? ​Oh, and quite nice by the way!

Comment

Had me worried there for a second with that Gibson box, very nice guitar there - congratulations!

Comment

Nice glad to see someone here grabed that one. bound flattop soloist very COOL.

Comment

Mmmm 88 bound flattop. That's sweet. Grats!
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by AIC70 View Post
                Maybe I missed it - why Lumi? ​Oh, and quite nice by the way!
                I'm a big fan of the comic series Fables and Lumi is the name of the Snow Queen (actually Lumi is the Finnish word for snow).

Comment

Oh yes and the electronics are still stock....

Comment

That makes total sense. There is a Nat Am tribe a couple hours from where I live named the Lummi tribe. Snow Queen is way better!

Comment

Congrats again! Great looking soloist.

Comment

That is pretty darn slick. The binding is sharp.

Comment

Love it and that was a good grab.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                          X