Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeff Hanneman Jackson Custom Shop (2005)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Hanneman Jackson Custom Shop (2005)

Hi all,

Does anyone know any info for Jeff Hanneman of SLAYER guitar. Especially 2005 Custom Shop Soloist.

Thank you if anyone can help on it.

Jackson built a Soloist for Jeff to the same specs as his original Jackson (an 87 or so, given the original oversize Jackson pickups). There are no pictures or paperwork authenticating the second guitar, but it there are various pics of it in a rack with Jeff's stage guitars. Apparently he put the stickers on it, but again, there's no actual proof that was him. It was sold by a member on here and apparently the new owner is selling it after a fairly quick attack of religious conscience.

There is another one built to the same work order, which was sold originally by DCGL and then sold again by them a year or so back for (as I recall) $2500.
    Last edited by neilli; 05-17-2013, 07:54 PM.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

It was up on ebay a couple of months ago. I'm surprised it hasn't popped back up there since his passing.

Comment

Originally posted by superduty01 View Post
        It was up on ebay a couple of months ago. I'm surprised it hasn't popped back up there since his passing.
        The guitar was sold before his passing. It was relisted a numerous of times with a lower BIN every time. If I remember correctly the guitar was sold when the BIN was about $ 5500.

EDIT: Here is the listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackson-Cust...item3f236bbe9c

And it was sold with a best offer, not BIN...

Comment

It has always been a dream of mine that they make a tribute model of this guitar with stickers and all. Chances are unlikely though.

Comment

I believe it piped back up and sold. The auction description said it never was wiped down still has his grime on it. Kinda cool.
            2009 black sl1 usa
            fire crackle 3dr dead mint(flawless!!)
            Burgundy mist model 3
            black model 1 emg
            black model 3 h/s/s
            2005 pointy charvel
            2009 black rr1

Comment

According to this Ebay auction, it sold for $4000 a couple days ago:

Yeah, it's a cool guitar. But for that much scratch, you probably can order one yourself, of course you have to wait. Since it to be made exactly like his old one, I don't get the logo placement and size: It looks to be much smaller than it should be and why is it so far from the nut? That'd bug the hell outta me!

Also weird is that the 2 best people to authenticate the guitar as Jeff's (outside of Jackson) are not with us anymore (he and his tech).
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

That was my view when I was offered it a couple of years ago, especially when the DCGL version sold for 2500 shortly before that time (and it had a more 'proper' logo position).

It was Kerry's tech that died, not Jeff's. But as I recall, Armand was kind of their 'gear manager' so he did the ordering of Jeff's ESPs as well as Kerry's BCRs. AK47 is the guy to talk to about this stuff though..

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                  It was sold by a member on here and apparently the new owner is selling it after a fairly quick attack of religious conscience.
                  "Sudden attack of religious conscience", or "sudden urge to cash in on Hanneman's recent death?"

Comment

I heard that one of his sticker'd guitars is owned by his lady friend and she will not sell it.
                    Not sure if it was his Jackson or his ESP.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

He had a wife of a long time, so I'd imagine most of his stuff is now hers. But the story goes that his Jackson was 'at home' because it had been retired..

Comment

Working...
                      X