No announcement yet.

New guy with old guitar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome! Great looking soloist. Love the color.

Comment

Very nice axe. Love the color. Which Trembucker is that? 1(original), 2(distortion) or 3(blues)? I have the original but haven't installed it into an axe yet (it was drilled for direct mounting). Given the age of this axe, I wonder if it's the original like I have.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome all!

I believe it is the Original, everything looks like the day it was purchased. The guy I bought it from claims he contacted someone thru email at Jackson about the color and PU choices and they said most likely it was all original as they were, as I'm sure you may know, all custom ordered at that time. I have not taken the Trembucker out yet but will when it's time for a string change and I'll have a closer look at it then.

Ken....
        1987 Jackson Soloist
        1997 Jackson DX10
        1997 Jackson RR3
        2013 Jackson SLATMGXQ3-6
        Pressure Washing Tampa

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
          Yeah, that's pretty sweet! Must be early 87 as it has the SD control rout. Looks like an upgrade from a JT6?

Naw more like 88-89.
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty sweet! Must be early 87 as it has the SD control rout. Looks like an upgrade from a JT6?
            Yes, it's an Original Floyd Rose. The serial number dates it to '87 Ontario.

Ken....
            1987 Jackson Soloist
            1997 Jackson DX10
            1997 Jackson RR3
            2013 Jackson SLATMGXQ3-6
            Pressure Washing Tampa

Comment

Love it....not much else to say!

Mark
              "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Nice guitar, welcome to the forum.
                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

You see a few of those with the small control cavity and SD-style control layout in both 1987 and 88. My guess is that Jackson had some of the old neck/body blanks in stock that they used for awhile after the move. It's more common on Soloists with Kahlers, though.

It also looks like the OFR is factory, too, since it doesn't have a Kahler-style string lock and doesn't show signs of having been modded.

That color is just all kinds of awesome.

Comment

Welcome, you have a GREAT looking Soloist!

Comment

Had it been an upgrade from a JT6, it would have the Kahler-style nut.

And no need to wait for a string change - remove the springs from the back, lift the trem off the posts, and pop the pickup out.

Then again, with a non-recessed Floyd, the longer block might get hung up in the smaller cavity....
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        Had it been an upgrade from a JT6, it would have the Kahler-style nut.

And no need to wait for a string change - remove the springs from the back, lift the trem off the posts, and pop the pickup out.

Then again, with a non-recessed Floyd, the longer block might get hung up in the smaller cavity....

Yup..just tried it..it does get hung up. Inside the it says- MIGUEL 9483 - with the letter P under the #. I guess this is who painted this?

Ken....
                        1987 Jackson Soloist
                        1997 Jackson DX10
                        1997 Jackson RR3
                        2013 Jackson SLATMGXQ3-6
                        Pressure Washing Tampa

Comment

9483 is the work order #. There are other soloist with the smaller route and tabbed single coil routes after 86 tho they are not as common. IIRC with that work order # I think it was ordered in 86' and not completed till 87'. I'm pretty sure my 86 strat has a work order not too far from yours. And contrary to the serial # chart I think 86/87 San dimas / Ontario switch was not as cut and dry with the serial #s as it appears. It's not like they suddenly stopped all work in Glendale and moved everything to Ontario.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                            It's not like they suddenly stopped all work in Glendale and moved everything to Ontario.
                            Correction: Glendora
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              Correction: Glendora
                              Duh. Yep what he said.

Comment

Welcome to the JCF that is a nice one.Great color too.
                                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                                X