How Many Jacksons are too many? old question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Jacksons are too many? old question

since I met Jackson guitars in 2004 I have been buying and selling many guitars, I've had almost all models and all series and as if that were not enough I modify every guitar I buy

I'm a Jackson Addict

Jackson JS32 Kelly 2004

Jackson DK2 Dinky MIJ 2005

DK2T, DK2, DK2M

Jackson DK2 & DK2M Dinky (Neck swap)

Jackson USA Select SL2H Soloist

Jackson USA Select SL2H Blackie Soloist

my Arsenal 2011

Some pickups Changes

Jackson PRO Dinky 2013, DK2T Dinky 2011 (my actual guitars)
    Last edited by DrJackson; 06-17-2013, 12:18 AM.

I say until you can't store them safely anymore. As long as you can give them a good home, own as many as you will.
    I like black and white guitars

Comment

There's always room for one more.

Comment

There's no such thing as too many Jacksons, there's only "not enough"

I went through a "phase" some years ago where I had at least one version of every model at the same time:
        -King V
        -Rhoads
        -Kelly
        -Warrior
        -Soloist
        -SLS
        -Dinky
        -Fusion

I have to say it was fun having similar models side-by-side (i.e. Dinky, Soloist, and Fusion) for direct comparison.

But I had to break up the set;
        Didn't get along with the Kelly shape, or the Rhoads' long wing, or the King V neck profile.
        The '97 USA SLS coulda been waaay better IMO.
        Strat shapes never did agree with me, and I can't get along with the Dinky/Fusion/SL for too long, either.

I gotta say the Warrior body shape is perfect for me.
        And the JacksonStars NASL ("New" Archtop Soloist, as it was known at the time). I could play those for hours easily.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Loved the 22 fret Kelly still love the old Soloists.Newer SL 2H meh don't care for the recessed trems.
          Had a few 80's USA RR's but the body shape makes it un playable for me.
          One USA KV and hated everything about it.
          Love all the USA SD plated super strats I have had and still have.
          Love the MIJ fusion H-H I still have.
          Love the USA JJ's double and single cuts.
          Yep I say you can never have too many.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Love the DK's! Someone's signature says "One away from too many".

Comment

Well, it's something I should really think about.
              I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

The only KVs I ever got along with were an older KV3 (bolt-on) and the short-scale KV2T.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Like others have said, no such thing as too many and there is always room for one more. That's why Jackson keeps cranking them out, we can't get enough of them
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

2 more than you have now. Thats what i tell the woman when she asks,"how many more guitars do you need?" "just a couple more hun...just a couple", & its worked so far.

Comment

Working...
                    X