No announcement yet.

NGD: USA Custom Select Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks spectacular, and I'm sure it looks even better in person.

Comment

Nice! You don't see too many CS guitars with rosewood boards.

Comment

The color is amazing but I have to ask - why a rosewood board and dot inlays?

Comment

Because I prefer rosewood. (Pau ferro, especially, if available.) I also prefer dots on Strat and Soloist bodies. Sharkies has ben an acquired taste for me. IMHO, they work best on Vs, Kellys, etc. Not superstrat types.

Besides, I was going for an old school-ish vibe with this one. In particular, was thinking of JB's old Soloists as semi-inspiration. Wild solid colors, matching head, dots & binding.

Comment

Dots with binding is the shit.
            Nice fiddle you got there.
            -Rick

Comment

SWEET, for some reason i like soloists a lot more with binding and dots. reminds me of a Vai Jackson. its nit picking but an old style shadow logo would have fit well w those specs.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful! Going to need a youtube video of this thing screaming

Comment

Congrats! Love that color. Hope you get her back soon!!

Comment

If you guys liked this guitar, wait until you see the other one that arrived today.

Comment

Cool specs on that guitar, if you don't mind me asking, is it a U or a J serial?

Also looking forward to seeing the other one, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                        If you guys liked this guitar, wait until you see the other one that arrived today.
                        Well, we're waiting...
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                          Wrong size trem block would be my best guess at the springs rubbing.

That was my first guess, too. It came with a 37mm block. And I had always assumed non-recessed guitars all came with 42mm blocks. But then I checked a few of my other NR Floyd'd guitars and found they ALL had 37mm blocks, too. So that's not it. ...although, it might be part of the fix.

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                          SWEET, for some reason i like soloists a lot more with binding and dots. reminds me of a Vai Jackson. its nit picking but an old style shadow logo would have fit well w those specs.

Exactly! That's the kind of old school vibe I was thinking of. And I agree about the logo. That was my first inclination, too. But then I realized that none of my guitars have the MOP logo. So I decided to go with that for this one, instead. It just felt right with the purple.

Originally posted by ralph View Post
                          Cool specs on that guitar, if you don't mind me asking, is it a U or a J serial?

It's a J.

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                          Well, we're waiting...

Sorry, guys. Not trying to be a tease. Well, OK, maybe a little. LOL. But it's more about finding the time to take the pictures and get them up. Busy week for me so far. Hopefully I'll get some good shots of the other one tomorrow. Trust me, it'll be worth the wait.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                            Sorry, guys. Not trying to be a tease. Well, OK, maybe a little. LOL.
                            It's coming across as a lot.
                            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

:p lol

Comment

Beautiful! Can't wait to see the next one.
                                "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Working...
                                X