No announcement yet.

NGD: US Custom Select Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 on the alignment. I'd be pissed, all that real estate on the bass side would drive me nuts. Aside from that, it's perfect, I would love to own one. Congrats!

Comment

Great looking soloist! Love the red sparkle combo with the maple board and ebony sharkfins. Very cool!

Comment

Very sweet!
        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Originally posted by 1b4n3z View Post
          Beautiful! However - and I hate to ask you this - how do you find the string alignment w.r.t the neck? It seems the bridge is off by a considerable amount. Sorry
          Haven't noticed it yet. I'll pay more attention when I get back to it. Heading out of town.

Thanks Everyone!
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ps43203 View Post
            +1 on the alignment. I'd be pissed, all that real estate on the bass side would drive me nuts. Aside from that, it's perfect, I would love to own one. Congrats!
            I can't see it. The guitar is angled relative to the camera in every shot, so any alignment issues seem to be a matter of perspective to me. Look at the difference between the first & last pics - the gap on the low E is lessening and the high E is moving away from the edge of the board. And even in that last pic, you can still see the outside of the binding on the low E side of the neck, so the guitar still isn't square to the camera. I'll bet that if a pic was taken from directly in front of the guitar, there'd be no issue
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Last edited by ralph; 07-02-2013, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Great colours and the maple FB but (from the pics) the alignment does look off on th neck to me too.

Comment

Is that natural maple binding as well?

Comment

Does not matter what we think or see. As long as Jack is happy with it is all that matters. I'm sure it would be on it's way back to Jackson if it was that bad, right?

Comment

Woah that's an awesome axe!

Is black binding an option on Custom Selects? The spec sheet doesn't have it listed.
                      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Excellent...!

Comment

Congrats!! Incredible finish!
                          Gear

Jackson KV2 Blue Ghost Flames
                          Jackson DK1 Lightning Sky

http://youtu.be/QgffP2mRU5w
                          http://youtu.be/WYEEje1M3hQ
                          http://youtu.be/UfhVSt5LtrI

Comment

Originally posted by 1b4n3z View Post
                            Beautiful! However - and I hate to ask you this - how do you find the string alignment w.r.t the neck? It seems the bridge is off by a considerable amount. Sorry

Nothing to be sorry about. You were right. Already talked to the dealer and waiting on a response from Jackson. Its clearly off and noticeable when you play past the 12th fret. I didn't notice it the night I got it. Only had it for a few minutes in my hands. I didn't have a chance to get back to it until Monday night.

Comment

I have had a few people ask me what happened with this. I just haven't had time to post anything about it.

It went back to Jackson. They sent me a packing slip and it shipped back directly to them. I heard from Kurt, production manager, within a day. He gave me two options. The first was to use bigger Floyd posts and move the Floyd to the right spot. With the wider Floyd posts there wouldn't be an issue with the previous holes. The problem being the strings would not line up to the pickups. I could get the guitar back quickly however. The other option was a new build. I chose to have it made right. They started a new guitar for me. Its going to take time because of the paint job but it will be right.

Its disappointing for sure, I would much rather have them get it right out of the gate. They would too. They are doing the right thing and didn't give me any hassle along they way. If they had then I might be singing a different tune. I am lucky that this isn't my only guitar. I am willing to wait, to a degree, for them to make a guitar I can be proud of. I have ordered two Custom Shops and each time they got it right and produced a guitar anyone would love. My biggest complaints were the wait time and unrealistic timelines. Expectations were never set properly. I have one more CS on order and am willing to wait as long as they get it right.

So, look for another NGD thread 4-5 months from now.

Comment

Bling bling funky! Nice...
                                -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Working...
                                X