No announcement yet.

I am soo screwed, now I kinda want one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am soo screwed, now I kinda want one.

I am a victum of the Paladia channel.
    I am a fan of the older Metallica stuff, no attention to, after puppets.
    So, I am watching Paladia, Metallica is playing at some frickin outside venue,
    Kirk switches out to his old RR1T...
    Dam. That thing sounded frickin good. Really noticeable good. I was, still am, Blown away by it.
    I want one.
    I do not need another guitar.
    I definitely do not need another V type...
    But, a hardtail / string thru/ no floyd type could possibly be added to the
    already few (all floyd types)...

So, what model, hardtail, string thru will get me close?
    I'll hunt for a older RR1t if that is all that what I heard.
    The dude's proto King V could too... (?)... SLSMG?

Dam Dam Dam
    >^v^<

I'd just grab an RR1T and load it up with EMG's if you really liked the sound.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I think I saw that one. Was it all black? It sort of inspired my blacked out Kelly.

Comment

I'm mostly Floyds, too. But I custom ordered a couple of string-through Kellys, and absolutely love them.

Seems like an RR1T would be right up your alley.

Comment

yeah. He has had that thing since day one.
          Just a huge sound, tone out of it.
          Even if it did not have EMG's in it, or down to a D, it would still sound huge.
          it was at some Euro festival... Regardless, it really struck me, the tone of it. Huge.
          >^v^<

Comment

My RR1T has picked up some battlescars in the last year, but thats because it's my main guitar so if something bad happens to a guitar I'm using it's an 80% chance to be that one.

If I lost it somehow I'd have to replace it.

It is by far my best "metal" guitar. And most comfortable and all around easiest to play guitar. The ergonomics are perfect for me, more for sitting than standing but thats because of the gut hehe.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

A lot of that sound is also being made by the million dollar rack,amp and P.A. system too.
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Another one get bitten by Kirk's 1985 custom rhoads?

For me I ended up getting RR2772 after seing the 94-95 Jackson catalogs where the PCS Original Rhoads seemed to come close enough. Black or brass/gold hardware did not matter to me and I could always install Emgs if I wanted to. So I put the order in summer 1996 and by late november it was finished by the custom shop! Not PCS xxxx but RR2772. Very nice introduction to my first Jackson indeed. I still have it and always been loving it. Still original Duncans. I haven't got around to change them. Some battle scares yes but it holds up very nice. It is still about 95% like when I got it here in Denmark january 1997. Notice the gold logo. How rare is that style?

What Is Paying For Your Passion For Being A Guitarist?

Comment

The RR1T designation did not come along until the year 2000. Kirk's is a Custom Rhoads. And the pickups were an 81 in the bridge and an H in the neck (single coil sound in humbucker housing)... unless he's done away with the H and actually is using an 81 now.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Anyway the link to a description of Kirk's Rhoads is wrong.

He got it in 1985 along with James who got the Kill bon jovi King V. Both guitars were brought along with Metallica for the 1985 puppets recordings in Copenhagen.

Besides it is a RR custom from 1985. RR1t is a later day description of that version but not the same. I have yet to see the actual specs of Kirk's rhoads.

If the sound is horrible to begin with the a P.A is not going to help it sound better.

Comment

I thought the neck was an 85 and 81 in the bridge but I could be wrong about that.

Comment

Today around noon I stopped by the Sam Ash's up by the north end and they have an RRXT? Black neck thru fixed bridge. Granted it's not the USA quality, but for $499 (or whatever you can negotiate) you can scratch that itch.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          Today around noon I stopped by the Sam Ash's up by the north end and they have an RRXT? Black neck thru fixed bridge. Granted it's not the USA quality, but for $499 (or whatever you can negotiate) you can scratch that itch.
                          yeah... your not helping are you... :think:
                          I have some time to look around and ponder.
                          But if I do find an early 90's ontario... going to be a tough resist.
                          >^v^<

Comment

I have a nice warrior lol
                            Haters gonna hate
                            Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Yeah from what i read way back that was a very early dimas rhoads he is playing. He also has RR0005 as well as he said in an interview year or so ago. He loves Rhoads. Mike made him a custom shop during the big 4 tour. in which broderick had to deliver cause mike hates concerts LOL. picked up that little tid bit at his house when i visited cali with a buddy.

but Ill help your Gas and show you my baby. RR0025. I owned RR0280 which was also black/gold but a good dude has it and i still have RR0260 which is red sparkle string through custom which i might sell. time to thin the heard down.

RR0260

Comment

Working...
                              X