New trade day!!! thanks to tonesfoyobones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New trade day!!! thanks to tonesfoyobones

Just made another killer in person trade with tonesfoyobones for this absinthe frost King V for my Ian T-1000 soloist. Excellent example of a V down to the tremolo alignment, no chips on the points and flaws in the paint. Definitely worth the 3 hour road trip!!!

I am planning on sending this badboy to Mike Learn here real soon to have a pick-up filled and then have her wrapped in a suit of armor like a medieval knight unless someone here likes this green machine so much they offer me something else that I can send to him.

Thanks again tonesfoyobones for another seamless transaction.
    I like black and white guitars

Nice and green!!

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1970 View Post
      Nice and green!!
      Not for long

Comment

Great score!!...I've seen that color before..LOL...What do you think of the color now???
        Last edited by JCB RR1; 10-23-2013, 03:06 PM.

Comment

The color is absolutely gorgeous. It is making me have second thoughts on sending her in to have redone but... "I have a dream" It almost makes me want to trade it for an uglier colored King V to have done instead. The color is definitely something to see to truly appreciate!!!

Comment

I like the mod he did with the volume knob! Super sweet bro! How do you like the KV2 speed neck??? I love them!! HNGD!!
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Nice !
              “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                I like the mod he did with the volume knob! Super sweet bro! How do you like the KV2 speed neck??? I love them!! HNGD!!
                Thanks man!!!

Yeah it is a neat little mod to fill the hole for now. I do have the knob and pot, it was in the case. It is wired as separate volumes and no tone as of now. I plan on having that hole, the rear volume, the switch and the neck cavity filled and only have a single hum with a single volume when i have her refinished. The neck feels awesome, she has great balance, and most important the trem route is square. I have had to many USA Jacksons that the high E or low e runs off the board do to a crooked route. :think: One of the first things I look for now sad to say. You would think it would be mandatory to be straight but... I guess it isn't

Comment

Originally posted by len View Post
                  Nice !
                  Thanks Len!

Comment

Originally posted by walshula View Post
                    Thanks man!!!

Yeah it is a neat little mod to fill the hole for now. I do have the knob and pot, it was in the case. It is wired as separate volumes and no tone as of now. I plan on having that hole, the rear volume, the switch and the neck cavity filled and only have a single hum with a single volume when i have her refinished. The neck feels awesome, she has great balance, and most important the trem route is square. I have had to many USA Jacksons that the high E or low e runs off the board do to a crooked route. :think: One of the first things I look for now sad to say. You would think it would be mandatory to be straight but... I guess it isn't
                    I'll make sure I keep my eye out for that on the next one I pick up. That would suck!! Thankfully all three USA's I have are immaculate.
                    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Great looking KV! Would be a shame to refin such a cool color. Probably easier to find a black one that's been gigged with and has some battle scars for your project.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
                        Great looking KV! Would be a shame to refin such a cool color. Probably easier to find a black one that's been gigged with and has some battle scars for your project.
                        +1 Keep it as is.. my opinion. This color is AMAZING!!
                        Gear

Jackson KV2 Blue Ghost Flames
                        Jackson DK1 Lightning Sky

http://youtu.be/QgffP2mRU5w
                        http://youtu.be/WYEEje1M3hQ
                        http://youtu.be/UfhVSt5LtrI

Comment

I agree with the guys! The color is killer!

Comment

I like the color too but not my thing on a guitar really, It is in pristine condition, no dings, dents, chips or scratches. The tremolo is lined up correctly and it has a deep black ebony fingerboard so it would make a good canvas for the project I have in mind. I only collect black and white guitars so I traded the Ian for the green V because I knew I would send it out to get done and not change my mind. I talked to Mike a couple of days ago about filling the pick-up cavity and removing a couple of knobs and the blade switch and I like how he said he would do that. So in the end it would end up being a single hum king v that looks like it is wrapped in knight's armor. If anyone has a better guitar for my project I am open to offers.

And leftykingV2, I do dig the neck profile. It has a nice feel to it.
                            Last edited by walshula; 11-02-2013, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Your idea does sound cool as hell. Almost like the bolted steel Warrior look. I saw a USA version of one once and it was beautiful. One of the nicest paint jobs I've ever seen IMO. I have all kinds of guitars with "Shredder Style" necks but the "Speed Neck" is by far my most favorite all around neck I've ever played. It's perfect for chording and soloing. It's like a perfect combination of both worlds. Not too thin or too fat just right IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X