KV2 Massive case!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV2 Massive case!

Hey guys! I am tired of the huge case that my USA KV2 came with (SKB) and I was thinking about getting the smaller flight case that is shaped like the guitar itself. I was wondering if I can just buy a right handed version and if my KV2 will fit because as many of you know I am left handed. I am also looking for anyone on the forum here who has used or owned the new smaller version and some opinions on this case. Is it a good case? Is it durable? Does it have space for the usual case stuff extra strings, wire cutters, polish,wrenches, etc. I am including a link with a pic of the case I am speaking about as well. Any opinions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. http://www.ebay.com/bhp/jackson-v-case
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

I really don't know, I know the case I got today is huge also and I would like to trade it off for an older tolex version myself. I looked over a few pics of the case you speak of and it looks as if a left handed or reverse headstock King V would still fit without any issues. I could be wrong but it looks as if it would just fine. The compartment in the center looks to be rather large enough to store what you speak of also. I see they have them for sale for about $125 - $150 bucks. If I had one I would trade it to you but unfortunately. I don't Good luck with getting one. Maybe someone might want to trade you for yours if yours is in good shape. Never know.
    I like black and white guitars

Comment

I believe those are "universal" v cases that will fit Rhoads, KV's and Y2kv's, with reverse headstocks too. I think it will fit a wrong handed on too.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Wrong handed!!! All of my cases and guitars are in dead mint. I am a stickler for taking incredible care of my gear. I would definitely be interested in a trade if anyone is willing to do so straight up.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Hmm I have the big ass case thats molded for my KV STD with the circle
          "Jackson Charvel" logo and love it, nicest case I've seen/owned makes me feel safe that its safe. Just me though.
          Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Originally posted by DK2M92 View Post
            Hmm I have the big ass case thats molded for my KV STD with the circle
            "Jackson Charvel" logo and love it, nicest case I've seen/owned makes me feel safe that its safe. Just me though.
            That's one of my issues. I know for a fact that the big case is very adept at protecting the guitar and if I get the smaller one I am wondering exactly how good it will be in this fashion. That's why I posted this thread to get opinions on the smaller case.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
              That's one of my issues. I know for a fact that the big case is very adept at protecting the guitar and if I get the smaller one I am wondering exactly how good it will be in this fashion. That's why I posted this thread to get opinions on the smaller case.
              You know who makes the smaller one? Is it SKB?
              Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Originally posted by DK2M92 View Post
                You know who makes the smaller one? Is it SKB?
                I am not sure who makes them.

Comment

Try SKB case for KV and RR. Its lighter and smaller. I put my Y2 in a SKB flying v case since then i never bring the original case outside my door

Comment

Originally posted by euronymous View Post
                    Try SKB case for KV and RR. Its lighter and smaller. I put my Y2 in a SKB flying v case since then i never bring the original case outside my door
                    The original case that comes on a USA KV2 or USA RR1 is an SKB. We are talking about the smaller case that is shaped like a flying V. Do you have one and if so is it a durable case? I do believe that it's also made by SKB as well.
                    Last edited by leftykingv2; 10-24-2013, 06:10 AM.

Comment

I've got one of the smaller cases for my King V. I love it. Very small, and the guitar fits in there snug without movement. The one I have is universal, so either direction headstock would fit.

As mentioned above, there is the usual compartment to hold various crap. I can't speak to durability, because I have never put it through anything that would test it's strength. But it is built as tough as all my other various Jackson cases.

Comment

Originally posted by walshula View Post
                        I would like to trade it off for an older tolex version myself.
                        You could always order a G&G case, which is the tolex version. It would be a custom order so it would run about $200 or so but they're well built and will protect your guitar perfectly.

Comment

Both old and newer style are SKBs. The new ones have thicker plastic shells, so are a little more durable if they take a hit. However, the handles and latches are cheaper, more prone to popping open and/or breaking. So I prefer the old ones.

At the end of the day, though, nothing protects better than a real wooden shell with metal hardware. The G&Gs are bigger, heavier but better. Especially with a form-fitting insert.

Comment

I've taken my KV2 case surfing

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                              The original case that comes on a USA KV2 or USA RR1 is an SKB. We are talking about the smaller case that is shaped like a flying V. Do you have one and if so is it a durable case? I do believe that it's also made by SKB as well.
                              Perhaps i didnt make myself clear. The older KV case is rectangular and the newer one is shaped as flying V/KV. Actually what i want to say is that the flying V shaped case is lighter and smaller than the rectangular one. So you want to find a case which is even smaller than the flying V shaped one?

Comment

Working...
                              X