Jackson Burgundy Mist Strat 6318

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Burgundy Mist Strat 6318

Did anybody else see this up on the bay? There were a few listing errors and nobody seemed to be around at closing time besides me. :think: This is my new burgundy mist Jackson strat. It has a two-piece body, ebony fingerboard, matching headstock, MOP dot inlays, and fan favorite JT6 trem. There is also an original pickguard, which is amazingly rare on these. It came in the OHSC and the condition is spectacular. It's nearly mint! It looks like the pickguard was originally SSS and modified by the factory for an oversized covered humbucker, which I've seen them do before. The guitar came with a Duncan, which I replaced with a J50BC which you see here. I also had to replace the whammy bar, and that was about all I had to do other than set it up. I can't read the build date. The color is really cool, and was used on some of the Model series Charvels. This baby is a nice player!

Sweet! Bridge pickup looks really high but I guess that's mostly because there isn't a ring.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      Sweet! Bridge pickup looks really high but I guess that's mostly because there isn't a ring.
      Yeah this one has plenty of neck angle. It has a huge pull-up range, like 3 steps. The downside of that is you have to crank your pups up high. It's all good, though. I don't think this one originally had a pup ring. My other strat with a pickguard has pup ring mounting holes drilled in it.

Comment

Cool guitar! The tops of the frets look really flat. Almost like somebody leveled them, but didn't crown.

Comment

That's an awesome strat! I always look forward to your new strats lol.

Comment

Sweet! I've not seen one in that color....love the matching head too.
            Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

+1 That looks great, and the matching head looks awesome!
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That's a lovely color! Congrats!!
                Gear

Jackson KV2 Blue Ghost Flames
                Jackson DK1 Lightning Sky

http://youtu.be/QgffP2mRU5w
                http://youtu.be/WYEEje1M3hQ
                http://youtu.be/UfhVSt5LtrI

Comment

ahh Burgundy mist , my favourite of all the Jackson colours !

never seen one with a matching head stock that is killer!!

Comment

That's sweet you don't see many top routed USA strats w pointy headstocks.

Comment

Awesome bro! Congrats and HNGD!
                      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Thanks everybody! Wow lots of compliments on the color. I actually wasn't sure how that would go over.

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                        That's sweet you don't see many top routed USA strats w pointy headstocks.
                        Yeah that was the killer feature for me. I could only find one other example of one on the JCF : jgcable's Star Trek strat. I'd love to see more examples.

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                          +1 That looks great, and the matching head looks awesome!
                          My thoughts exactly. Congrats on another cool score.

Comment

Flat fooking awesome I love that one!!
                            That color with the pick guard and matching headstock is about as rare as it can get.
                            Love everything about that guitar. Great score.

You have quite the collection of Jackson super strats Axe.
                            I need to gather up a wad of cash and head down your way sometime and talk you out of a few of them.
                            Last edited by straycat; 11-04-2013, 01:16 PM.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Outstanding score. I had one back several years ago that had the Star Trek theme painted on it from the factory. I checked out all your pics and your guitar is 100% authentic. Mine was authenticated too back when I owned it. Your guitar is certainly a custom order because of the painted headstock. To see one that clean is amazing. Ebony board, aluminum rear trem cover, single volume, raised up pickups. Mine had all those features. If I recall.. even my serial number was very close. Congratz. That's an amazing find.

Comment

Working...
                              X