USA Select KV2, Tone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Select KV2, Tone.

I don't know if you guys already knew this or not but I'll tell you something I did tonight. I took a Stock USA Select KV2 and I put the three way switch in the middle position. Then I turned the neck volume to about 65%. Then I turned the bridge volume to about 55%. I proceeded to play on the clean channel of a tube amp and my KV2 had a better tone clean than my vintage Strats and Tele's. Once again my mind is blown by a Jackson. I didn't want to say this but I have to........"It's In My Blood!"
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Haha, nice bro. It proves that Jackson really uses great pieces of wood. I also loved the clean tones of every Jackson I've ever owned.
    www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
    www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
    www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

I'll give it a try this weekend...Actually I was trying to remember when was the last time I purposely set the rig on "clean" mode...at least a couple of years...

Comment

The jazz in my RR1T neck produces my favorite clean tones. Followed by my Strat's neck position.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Jackson does a fine job of tone. A shop down the block, (granted I have 3 in a two mile radius) is all about Gibson and Fender. We are in an affluent baby boomer area. I get it. The new shop manager brought in a Broderick and sold it in a week. We talked guitars for 2 hours yesterday. He wants more Jackson's but the owners are set on their current clientele. Thing is Jackson's are just amazingly built guitars. They have indeed gone up in cost but they can truly do anything. Jackson needs to eat FMIC ( will never happen for obvious reasons) and Gibsons market share. I like other guitars. Jones in for a g&l right now honestly but Jackson is the cream of the crop. Best is subjective but definitely worth the money. More people should play them.
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
            Jackson does a fine job of tone. A shop down the block, (granted I have 3 in a two mile radius) is all about Gibson and Fender. We are in an affluent baby boomer area. I get it. The new shop manager brought in a Broderick and sold it in a week. We talked guitars for 2 hours yesterday. He wants more Jackson's but the owners are set on their current clientele. Thing is Jackson's are just amazingly built guitars. They have indeed gone up in cost but they can truly do anything. Jackson needs to eat FMIC ( will never happen for obvious reasons) and Gibsons market share. I like other guitars. Jones in for a g&l right now honestly but Jackson is the cream of the crop. Best is subjective but definitely worth the money. More people should play them.
            +1 bro and well said! Pgh Pa. is about the same. Nobody has any USA stuff in my neck of the woods. Not even guitar center. Everywhere I go around here guitar shop wise is mostly Fender and Gibby's and cheap imports out the demon hole.
            Last edited by leftykingv2; 11-08-2013, 09:39 PM.
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
              The jazz in my RR1T neck produces my favorite clean tones. Followed by my Strat's neck position.
              +1 I've never heard an RR1T sound bad on any setting.

Comment

Working...
              X